Old December 3rd 03, 10:22 AM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

"Ryan Breai, total retard" wrote in message

crap snipped to save Anus's dial-up costs

STILL no ADSL? What's the problem?
(_!_)

Old December 3rd 03, 01:12 PM
Lee

"dodger" wrote in message
.. .
You are so right and apart from the threads Brian Reay and the odd other
contributor puts on here
that is the most sensible thing I have seen.

The norm on here are the pratts who consider themselves to be the

"superior
race" and know it all
but if you look at the odd technical type thread they put on they actually
know very little.
Heard on 2mtrs conversation between two G?3 - Dont know anything about
radios or antenas
would rely on mates to sort
Basic questions on set up that any CBer let along M3s would know
No knowledge whatsoever of PC set ups (relating to radio)

Now onto a more serious point, this is a facility that could be put to
proper use. In Amateur Radio
there are two monthly magazines Practical Wireless & Radcom in which
newcomers can read and
learn, this is quite unusual for any hobby to be so lacking.
Compared with lets say 15/20 years ago there is a big reduction in the
number of traders who one
can pick up tips and info from.

There is however a large band of dedicated Radio Amateurs who have

accepted
the reducing numbers
and give their time freely to educate and enhance the hobby giving

newcomers
the opportunity to
enjoy Amateur Radio and progress through the hobby.
To them I say thank you to them for what they do and also the many who

help
and support newcomers
over the airwaves.
To the rest snobs, pratts or whatever that come on here - grow up, go

away,
you are not wanted

Such a lot of words........... So little content !!!

Lee ........ M3SBE .....

---

Old December 3rd 03, 09:19 PM
class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:13:58 -0000, Pun Krocker
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I also think that the new structure is the way forward, or at least a way
forward, as it offers newcomers a way into the hobby and lets face it at
the end of the day thats all it is A Hobby.

curious
Was there no way for newcomers into the hobby before?
/curious

according to RVMJ it was being an SWL (apprentice)

and then you went for the RAE (with/without morse test)

of course b-licensees nowadays conveniently forget that before the
b-licence was invented it was THEORY AND MORSE TEST before you got
any licence

Old December 4th 03, 12:03 AM
Chris - G0TOO

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:49:43 -0000, "Chris - G0TOO"
wrote:

I was on cb before I was on amateur radio

You don't need to tell us that. It is self evident. The CBer reveals
himself every time he opens his mouth.

Judging by the way you try to put everyone down I would have said that your
comment describes you better than the people you use it against.

I was also accused of being a pirate when I first got my G6 call

That probably says something about the quality of your operating, OM.

As it happens there is nothing wrong with my operating and as result of the
way I act both on air and in person with regards amateur radio I was voted
the President of Morecambe Bay Amateur Radio Society at the last AGM (and
before you try saying it, this post isnt voted for every year it is only
voted if the previous president is no longer able to hold the post), that is
the regard I am held in in my local club, I also run the Junksale website
www.junksale.co.uk which although has only 1169 registered members gets on
average 12500 hits a day, when you equate this to visitors clicking on
multiple links it works out at around 4000 individuals visiting the site a
day. I will also tell you as you are probably as ignorant to this fact as
you are in your replies on here, that the junksale website is an online
bring & buy site that is operated as a service to the amateur radio
community free of charge and on average costs me about £200 a year to keep
going. This is paid for out of my own pocket and is done in good spirit the
true nature of amateur radio, something which you obviously know nothing
about.

And whilst on the subject of operating, if your attitude towards other
amateurs on this newsgroup is anything to go by then I am glad I have never
had the misfortune to talk to you on the radio, as your operating must be
worse than the worst CBer ever was.

73 de G3NYY

73 de Chris - G0TOO
Chris Richmond - or

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Old December 4th 03, 12:22 AM
Chris - G0TOO

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:14:29 -0000, "dodger"
wrote:

What reducing numbers? There are more radio amateurs today than there
have ever been.

Until the new structure came in the numbers were reducing, that isnt
speculation Walt, that is fact.

To the rest snobs, pratts or whatever that come on here - grow up, go

away,
you are not wanted

The CBer reveals himself every time he opens his mouth.

Whats the matter did you take that comment to heart Walt?

73 de Chris - G0TOO

Old December 4th 03, 12:33 PM
Dave

wrote in message

from
RVMJ
(dot) 99g (dot) BTinternet (dot) com

Out of pure curiosity, why did you leave Bigfoot?

Dave

Old December 4th 03, 01:28 PM
Andy Cowley

class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800 wrote:

according to RVMJ it was being an SWL (apprentice)

and then you went for the RAE (with/without morse test)

of course b-licensees nowadays conveniently forget that before the
b-licence was invented it was THEORY AND MORSE TEST before you got
any licence

And before that it was pay yer ten bob and get on with it. No tests
or exams at all. Why choose the post-war period as the model for
tradition. In the days before 'G' there weren't any tests, why not
hark back to those halcyon days?

vy 73

Andy, M1EBV (and, just for you, M3ABC)
LAFLH and 2800.
Old December 4th 03, 11:30 PM
Marco

"class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800"
co
m.ru.br.net wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:13:58 -0000, Pun Krocker
wrote:

In article

,
says...
I also think that the new structure is the

way forward, or at least a way
forward, as it offers newcomers a way into

the hobby and lets face it at
the end of the day thats all it is A Hobby.

curious
Was there no way for newcomers into the hobby

before?
/curious

according to RVMJ it was being an SWL

(apprentice)

and then you went for the RAE (with/without

morse test)

of course b-licensees nowadays conveniently

forget that before the
b-licence was invented it was THEORY AND MORSE

TEST before you got
any licence

And don't forget the twelve months cw only
operation before you had your log book signed off
by "the authority"

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com).
Date: 02/12/2003

Old December 5th 03, 09:47 PM
class_a_zpk_12wpm_unlike_2800

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:30:50 +0000 (UTC), "Marco"
wrote:

And don't forget the twelve months cw only
operation before you had your log book signed off
by "the authority"

yes.... i was a cw only for first 12months.