Old December 7th 03, 09:32 PM
Jack Hamilton

Default Radio Shack out of ham business!

"Roger Gt" wrote:

"Dean Arthur" wrote in message

BTW, you are correct that cash has always been an accepted form of

payment,
at least since it was established. It however, has never been mandatory

that
anyone other than the government accept it.

Legally, it is totally up to the seller what form of payment is valid
unless there is some sort of contract between buyer and seller.

--
Jim Pennino

But, if proprietor refuses my cash without a clearly posted policy in
window - I leave all items collected at counter and leave. Never go
back! I'm only one but message spreads.

Funny, I was told by an attorney that if cash is offered and refused in
payment of a debt, the debt is considered paid! Cash having been refused,
the debt is no longer collectable. Where is it in the law that Cash is not
acceptable for all debts public and private?

http://www.treas.gov/education/faq/c...al-tender.html

"There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private
business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as
for payment for goods and/or services."

-----
Marxist dialectic would dismiss all this as commodity fetishism,
but the problem with Karl Marx is that, through no fault of his own,
he never saw Helena Christensen wearing a flame-colored,
rhinestone-studded bikini thong.

- The New Yorker, November 4, 1994

There you go, actually reading and quoting something relevant instead of
ignorant whinning.

Ten demerits for rational thinking.

--
Jim Pennino