Old December 8th 03, 10:30 PM
DooDahMan

Default Crackdown on radio owners & users

"DooDahMan" wrote in message
I've been reading this NG, along with several others.

You've been trolling this newgroup is more like it. Drop my alias now fraud.

Old December 8th 03, 10:49 PM
N8KDV

DooDahMan wrote:

I've been reading this NG, along with several others. Lately, we have
read about a ham arrested in Indiana for having a mobile rig. We now
read that Michigan is close to passing a law requiring police permission
to carry mobile radio gear, with a proposed penalty of a year in jail
for violation. I also seem to recall something about a county in NY
having recently issued a rule against mobile operating.

Not sure about all mobile radios? but here in Michigan if one wishes to have
a scanner in the vehicle and they are not a licensed radio amateur they must
obtain a permit from the Michigan State Police. It's been that way for a
long time.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old December 9th 03, 04:05 AM
Bill Newkirk

Cell phones, nextels, etc. are radios.

those go too?

"DooDahMan" wrote in message
I've been reading this NG, along with several others. Lately, we have
read about a ham arrested in Indiana for having a mobile rig. We now
read that Michigan is close to passing a law requiring police permission
to carry mobile radio gear, with a proposed penalty of a year in jail
for violation. I also seem to recall something about a county in NY
having recently issued a rule against mobile operating.

Are these connected? Has the possession / use of mobile radio equipment
been targeted for repression, in a similar manner as the possession of
firearms?

I don't like the trend I've been seeing in the U. S. The place is
rapidly becoming less and less "free". Liberties I have taken for
granted all my life are being chipped away, state by state.

I suppose the problem is that the possession of mobile radio equipment
(like the possession of firearms) gives a person some "power" of which
the government is afraid. It is indeed unfortunate that the people are
now so feared and mistrusted by their own government.

I don't have the answers, but I am alarmed. I think we all need to wake
up to what is happening in the land of the free and the home of the
brave. It's not pretty.

Old December 9th 03, 04:09 AM
Brian Denley

Geez I hope so. Maybe then people will go back to holding onto the steering
wheel once in a while! hehe

--
Brian Denley

Old December 9th 03, 04:14 AM
DooDahMan

"DooDahMan" wrote in message
news:cWV2ZXJ5.46c27e1e359c9b351194b353d6514120@107 0930456.cotse.net...
I think it's time you went crying to Steve Gilda again Jersey Boy.

I said drop it now or you'll have hell to pay loser. I know where you are
bitch!

Old January 16th 04, 06:12 PM
c.foster

hey jim we spell loser like this " J-I-M D-O-U-G-L-A-S " hows you like
that EH?!

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
Whoo, Whoo I love my country cause I can use my radio MOBILE! How do they
spell L O S E R in Canada!

"JGlass" wrote in message
nothing is for free Move to Canada...At least we can use our radios

MOBILE

Old January 16th 04, 09:30 PM
JGlass

nothing is for free Move to Canada...At least we can use our radios MOBILE

Old January 16th 04, 10:25 PM
Jim Douglas

Old January 16th 04, 11:47 PM
Jim Douglas

What another Canadian who thinks their country is great cause you can listen
to your radio in the car. You are right I am a loser.

ZBM2