Old December 13th 03, 07:25 PM
louis

Default bsr turntable

hi
my old bsr xl-1200 cartridge is wired onto the pins so it wont pop out
with the 4 prongs as normal one's do. i think i could remove the wires
and put each one onto the prongs of a new cartridge but it seems that
the bsr cartridge is proprietary. there is one screw on top of the
tone arm that holds my cartridge. i'm not sure it will screw into a
new one such as the at3482u. anyone here ahve a solution? i could get
another direct replacement for the bsr cartridge perhaps but i thought
the 3482u (or another) would give me better sound than what i have
now. i could perhaps just snap the new cartridge in without screws.
all the wires in the tonearm are very thin so its hard to solder in
there.
please email me a copy of your response.
thanks
louis

Old December 14th 03, 04:50 AM
Bill Newkirk

it's either a P-mount (new) or it's not.

If it's an old beast, wires should be soldered to terminals that are pressed
onto the pins and can be slid off the pins of the cartridge.

Problem - it might be some work to find a replacement cartridge to fit the
turntable -- BSR was usually a low end product, probably could replace the
turntable with something a little better and modern for about $90.

appears to be some support on the network for BSR - try searching Google for
some hits.

om...

bsr turntable louis Equipment 14 December 26th 03 02:25 PM
bsr turntable louis Homebrew 4 December 15th 03 05:01 PM
bsr turntable louis Boatanchors 0 December 13th 03 07:26 PM
bsr turntable louis Equipment 0 December 13th 03 07:26 PM
bsr turntable louis Homebrew 0 December 13th 03 07:25 PM