Old December 26th 03, 10:56 PM
Fudge

Default Interference From Computer Monitors

I hear sync birdies and other noise on the H.F. bands when I turn on my
cheap Daytek monitor sitting next to my Yaesu Ft-101E transceiver. What sort
of interference can I expect when I install a new plasma or LED monitor?

John
VA3JQ

Old December 26th 03, 11:16 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Fudge" wrote in message
I hear sync birdies and other noise on the H.F. bands when I turn on my
cheap Daytek monitor sitting next to my Yaesu Ft-101E transceiver. What

sort
of interference can I expect when I install a new plasma or LED monitor?

John
VA3JQ

While I can't vouch for it from personal experience, I've read that the
plasma TVs generate a lot of RFI hash. The LED monitor should be OK as that
is what is in the laptops and our club has used them for Field Day with no
problem.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old December 27th 03, 03:28 PM
Fudge

Makes a lot of sense. I will avoid the plasma monitors.

Thanks
VA3JQ

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
gy.com...