Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 19th 04, 09:15 PM
Alun

Default New ARRL Proposal -- Advanced license downgrade

"Tom Winston" wrote in
:

On 19 Jan 2004 10:08:20 -0800, N2EY wrote:

Existing Advanceds get free upgrade to Extra, ...

That's not an upgrade; that's a downgrade. Advanced class licensees
passed the Extra class written exam, and passed a 13 wpm code test.
Furthermore, most Advanced class licensees took the older Extra exam
-- an exam that's a lot tougher than the current Extra exam.

Possession of the Advanced class license proves that the holder met
higher standards than the current crop of Extras.

So thanks, but no thanks. When I want to downgrade, *I* will make
that decision.

Just go away, ARRL, and keep your grimy paws off my license.

Truly weird. As a 20wpm Extra I don't see you as having a higher licence
than me, oddly enough.