Old January 25th 04, 08:22 PM
Trevor Day

In message , Kurt
writes
"helmsman" schreef in bericht
.. .
"Kurt" wrote:

Hello ,

I have troubles with my Kenwood TS-450-SAT . When i power on the

transceiver
i get a cw code and in stead of the frequency i get dots on the screen .
Also i can't receive or transmit .
Anyone know this problem ? Can't find this problem in the manual .

Many thanks ,

Kurt

What is the sound you hear in code - what doe's it say??

It say UL .

Unlocked? As in PLL
Just a guess
Trev G3ZYY

--
Trevor Day
Old January 25th 04, 09:21 PM
Kurt

"Trevor Day" schreef in bericht
"Kurt" wrote:

Hello ,

I have troubles with my Kenwood TS-450-SAT . When i power on the

transceiver
i get a cw code and in stead of the frequency i get dots on the screen

..
Also i can't receive or transmit .
Anyone know this problem ? Can't find this problem in the manual .

Many thanks ,

Kurt

What is the sound you hear in code - what doe's it say??

It say UL .

Unlocked? As in PLL
Just a guess
Trev G3ZYY

Yep , i thing that's the problem .

Old January 25th 04, 10:19 PM
Clif Holland

Yours is simple. Some of the R-5000's have the same potting compound in a
VCO as the 440's. By keeping it on all the time you are keeping it dried out
and it will work until some of the components corrode in two. If you turn it
off the crud absorbs moisture and it won't work.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (local)

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Kurt: I had gone on holidays for about 3 weeks and disconnected
antenna and power. When I powered it up all I got was a line of dots
and no audio. I called a few dealers but none were familiar with the
problem.
Next day I turned it on and I got audio for about one minute but
as soon as I turned the volume up more than half way the dots
reappeared and the audio was dead. Another day went by and I tried
again. This time the radio stayed on and would work normally but an
increase in volume knocked it out again.
On the third day it worked normally and has ever since. I do not
unplug it except briefly to move it from one spot in the house to
another.
I have no idea why this glitch happened.
Hope yours responds as easily.
Regards, Bob

Kurt" wrote in message

"Bob" schreef in bericht
om...
Has the radio been sitting unplugged for a long period? If so , plug
it in for a few days and see if that will bring it back to life.
I had a similar problem on my R-5000 and that was the fix. No
further problems after 7 or 8 years.
Regards

Bob

Hi Bob ,

What do you mean with a long period ? I didn't used the transceiver for
about 1 month .

Regards ,
Kurt

Old January 25th 04, 10:24 PM
John

Bob wrote:

Kurt: I had gone on holidays for about 3 weeks and disconnected
antenna and power. When I powered it up all I got was a line of dots
and no audio. I called a few dealers but none were familiar with the
problem.
Next day I turned it on and I got audio for about one minute but
as soon as I turned the volume up more than half way the dots
reappeared and the audio was dead. Another day went by and I tried
again. This time the radio stayed on and would work normally but an
increase in volume knocked it out again.
On the third day it worked normally and has ever since. I do not
unplug it except briefly to move it from one spot in the house to
another.
I have no idea why this glitch happened.
Hope yours responds as easily.
Regards, Bob

At a guess. It could be condensation which has dried out when you return
home and restart the central heating ect.

--
John

Old January 27th 04, 01:43 AM
mike hardy

MARK V Field FT-1000 for sale mint only 3 months old with mic manual can snd
pictures selling to buy other radio gear £1400 buyer p/p Building on the
tremendous success of the 200-Watt FT-1000D and MARK-V FT-1000MP Elite-Class
HF Transceivers, the MARK-V Field brings leading-edge technology to you in a
100-Watt self-contained transceiver design. phone mike 07791754432 or email
me. will swap for only updated radio's email me with deal's ?
__________________ regards de mike m0fcg - m1key - 2e0key

AM fone.net trouble? Carl WA1KPD Boatanchors 2 December 25th 04 08:36 PM
Yeasu ATAS-120 trouble WG Antenna 1 September 26th 04 03:58 PM
dual cb antenna is it worth the trouble [email protected] Antenna 4 July 20th 04 06:34 PM
TS940S trouble...help ! Tallion Equipment 0 March 22nd 04 06:48 PM
Kenwood TM-2550A trouble Claudio Adra Equipment 4 October 7th 03 11:01 PM