Old January 31st 04, 05:02 AM
Bill

Default Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit

Gentleman

Maybe you guys can help me. I am trying to fill out the application
for the
Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit for aeronautical and
aircraft purposes and I am having some difficulty with the online
system.

Using Form 605/Electronic Filing, what radio service is this under? I
would assume AA or AF, but there is no easy interpretation. Nowhere
in the multi-page application does it say "Restricted Radiotelephone
Operator Permit" check YES or similar

Just having some difficulty, any help from some Elmers is appreciated

Thanks

Bill

Old January 31st 04, 07:15 PM
Bill

USA and I am US Citizen
Old January 31st 04, 07:33 PM
Eddie Haskel

I might be in error here, but *I* thought the "Restricted" radio license was
abolished a long time ago. I do know they are no longer needed in radio
stations.( The DJ's were required to have them as they were in control of
the station/transmitter).
I have 2 friends that fly private aircraft..neither have a "Restricted"
ticket...Eddie

Old January 31st 04, 09:36 PM

Bill wrote:
Gentleman

Maybe you guys can help me. I am trying to fill out the application
for the
Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit for aeronautical and
aircraft purposes and I am having some difficulty with the online
system.

Using Form 605/Electronic Filing, what radio service is this under? I
would assume AA or AF, but there is no easy interpretation. Nowhere
in the multi-page application does it say "Restricted Radiotelephone
Operator Permit" check YES or similar

Just having some difficulty, any help from some Elmers is appreciated

Thanks

Bill

Inside the US the N number of your aircraft is your "license"; you only
need an operators or license if you leave the US.

See http://wireless.fcc.gov/aviation/fctsht4.html for details.

There are links there to help you fill out the form if by chance you do
need a license.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.