Old February 7th 04, 09:18 PM
mick

Default KE4TEW, Riley's buddy

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/pub/defa...sp/bn=03035679

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/pub/defa...sp/BN=03058540

Just why did Riley renew this moron's liscense after he failed to
retest? Looks like corruption to me.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/1999/08/11/2/

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/1999/10/07/5/

Old February 11th 04, 02:48 PM
Bob Reed

Looks to me like he satisfied whatever complaints were filed against him and
that in the short term renewal period no other complaints were filed against
him thereby allowing his renewal. Apparently he behaved as asked and was
allowed to renew. All of that is writen in the FCC Enforcement releases,
nothing is hidden or corrupt.

Old February 12th 04, 05:59 AM
Arf! Arf!

He missed his re-test and had his call revoked. He never took the
retest, and Riley still gave him his ticket back. He is the only one to
acheive this feat. Let me quote what you either failed to read or did
not understand:

First:

TAMPA, FL [UPDATE]: The FCC notified James W. Dale, formerly KE4TEW, on
August 3, 1999, canceling his General Amateur Radio license. The FCC had
notified Dale on June 18, 1999, requiring him to retake his Amateur
Radio examinations prior to July 30, 1999, under the supervision of FCC
personnel in Tampa, Florida. According to FCC Attorney Riley
Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, Dale failed to appear for reexamination, and his
license was consequently cancelled. Hollingsworth also warned Dale about
continued operation of radio transmitting equipment.

Then the 180 degree switch:
TAMPA, FL [UPDATE]: The FCC notified General licensee James W. Dale,
KE4TEW, on September 28, 1999, that it was reinstating his Amateur Radio
license with a short-term renewal date of September 29, 2000. Dale had
failed to appear for reexamination after being notified by the FCC on
June 18 to retake his Amateur Radio examinations prior to July 30, and
his license was cancelled on August 3, 1999. FCC Legal Adviser for
Enforcement Riley Hollingsworth said the FCC has "since reviewed and
accepted" Dale's detailed response and his explanation for failing to
appear for retesting. Hollingsworth said the FCC was reinstating Dale's
General license "pursuant to our agreement with you," but the FCC letter
did not elaborate.

All stations failing to appear for re-test had their calls cancelled.
Not Dimmy Dale. What was the "Agreement"? The FCC has pending FOIA
requests on this issue, and some Congressional complaints have been made
as well. Soon we will all know about the "Agreement".

KE4TEW, Riley's buddy mick Dx 8 February 12th 04 02:24 PM
KE4TEW, Riley's buddy mick Dx 0 February 7th 04 09:18 PM
LOL!!! KE4TEW is a convict and so is his son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bob General 2 November 18th 03 01:37 AM
KE4TEW and his good friend Riley Rev. P.P. Fartgas General 5 November 15th 03 01:45 PM
KE4TEW, felony drug dealer good friends with Riley bob General 0 November 9th 03 02:40 PM