Old February 21st 04, 01:09 PM
N8KDV

William wrote:

They've also got a thing for that young lady with the short dress and high
heels sitting in front of the radios in their showroom. Her photograph has
been in every single catalog I've received (for years). Universal says
they've been in business since 1942 and I have to wonder at this point if
that same photograph has been in the catalog throughout all that time.
Indeed, that "young woman" could be 70-80 years old today. However, the
dress, hair style, and style of high heels, suggests the picture was taken
in the 70's, which means she may only be 40-50 years old. :-)

Universal is a couple miles from my home. I've bought small items
from them, but have never ordered by mail any radio, so did not
comment on topic. But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old February 21st 04, 04:43 PM
GlennS

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:09:24 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Is this her? If so, you're right!
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour1.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour2.html

Old February 21st 04, 04:46 PM
N8KDV

wrote:

But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Is this her? If so, you're right!
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour1.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour2.html

Of course I'm right! You should have seen her about 18 years ago!

Old February 21st 04, 05:29 PM
Michael Moore

Dave Holford wrote:

Tom Welch wrote:

I bought a new radio from Universal Radio
and got a radio that didn't work and was a
return from a prior sale.

THe people at Universal Radio restock used
radios and sell them as new.

**** UNIVERSAL RADIO, I will never do business
with these crooks again.

Tom Welch

Not bad, 90% approval.
Sounds like they can be trusted to do a good job.

LOL. I have a similar experience to Tom's. Why go with an
apparent "90% approval rating" when you can go with a 100%
approval rating, i.e. try Grove Enterprises or AES.

--
M2

Old February 21st 04, 05:31 PM
Michael Moore

wrote:

But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Is this her? If so, you're right!
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour1.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour2.html

Of course I'm right! You should have seen her about 18 years ago!

LOL. That picture was her about 20-30 years ago.

--
M2

Old February 21st 04, 05:34 PM
Michael Moore

Michael Moore wrote:

wrote:

But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Is this her? If so, you're right!
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour1.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour2.html

Of course I'm right! You should have seen her about 18 years ago!

LOL. That picture was her about 20-30 years ago.

--
M2

You should see her husband's (Fred) picture -- right from
the high school yearbook.

--
M2

Old February 21st 04, 05:49 PM
N8KDV

Michael Moore wrote:

wrote:

But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Is this her? If so, you're right!
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour1.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour2.html

Of course I'm right! You should have seen her about 18 years ago!

LOL. That picture was her about 20-30 years ago.

No, it's not... those pictures are of much more recent vintage than 20-30
years ago... guaranteed.

Old February 21st 04, 06:24 PM
N8WWM

In article , N8KDV says...

Michael Moore wrote:

wrote:

But as far as the slender blond with the high heels
goes, I've seen her there and she's one of the hottest ladies in
amateur radio, but I don't think she has a license. She's probably in
her 40's.

That would be Barb Osterman... She is KC8VWI

Is this her? If so, you're right!
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour1.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/tour2.html

Of course I'm right! You should have seen her about 18 years ago!

LOL. That picture was her about 20-30 years ago.

I banged her last week.

You ask w

Old February 21st 04, 07:44 PM
Incognito

Top Notch Ham Radio Store -- been doing biz with them for many years.
Always courteous service, knowledge sales staff, fast delivery
Two thumbs up (:-)

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

Old February 21st 04, 10:15 PM
William

N8KDV wrote in message ...

[...]