Old March 6th 04, 05:17 PM
Christiane Cloutier

Default F.S. Vintage Tubes/Valves, Radio Parts, & equipment

Reduced for quick sale, first $300.00 Cdn, takes all!
Please check website for pictures and info.

http://ve2owb.tripod.com/

Dan (613) 590-1398

Email:

Old March 6th 04, 06:35 PM
Dan/W4NTI

You probably would do better with this on

rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Dan/W4NTI

. ..

Old March 6th 04, 07:16 PM
Michael Black

"Dan/W4NTI" (w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com) writes:
You probably would do better with this on

rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Dan/W4NTI

Actually, he'd do better finding a proper buy and sell newsgroup, such
as rec.radio.swap. They may have made the mistake when creating
rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors to allow for ads, but the intent was that
they be part of an ongoing discussion, not to use the newsgroup as
a buy and sell one. Someone who is just trying to sell off stuff,
as we routinely see in boatanchors and equipment (and that one was
never for ads), clearly do not belong there.

He's actually already posted the same ad to homebrew, equipment
and rec.antiques.radio+phono separately.

He might also post in the local buy and sell newsgroup. I don't know
if he's in Montreal or not, but if he is, mtl.vendre-forsale would be
the place.

Oddly, I just responded there yesterday to someone looking for some
electronic related items, and pointed out some upcoming hamfests i
the Montreal area. There's actually one today, though I know nothing
about it beyond that. There's one in Laval in two weeks, and the Montreal
Amateur Radio Club is having their annual fleamarket on April 17th.
The advantage of the hamfest is that one doesn't have to package and ship
the items.

So there is ample opportunity to sell stuff without posting to newsgroups
where ads don't belong.

Even if he's in Ottawa, which seems to be the case from where else he
is posting, they have hamfests there too.

Michael VE2BVW