Old March 7th 04, 08:14 PM
David Stinson

Default Using Existing Law Against BPL

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before-
I haven't read this group for years.
Concerning fighting BPL, which the power industry
is ramming at us using Part 15, why can't
we use Part 15 to clobber *them?*

The FCC has a history of listening when you quote
their own laws to them. Here is a good one:

************
TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

PART 15--RADIO FREQUENCY DEVICES--Table of Contents

Subpart A--General

Sec. 15.5 General conditions of operation.

(a) Persons operating intentional or unintentional radiators
shall not be deemed to have any vested or recognizable right
to continued use of any given frequency by virtue
of prior registration or certification of equipment, or,
for power line carrier systems, on the basis of prior
notification of use pursuant to Sec. 90.63(g) of this chapter.
(b) Operation of an intentional, unintentional, or incidental
radiator is subject to the conditions that no harmful interference is
caused and that interference must be accepted that may be caused by the
operation of an authorized radio station, by another intentional or
unintentional radiator, by industrial, scientific and medical (ISM)
equipment, or by an incidental radiator.
(c) The operator of a radio frequency device shall be required to
cease operating the device upon notification by a Commission
representative that the device is causing harmful interference.
Operation shall not resume until the condition causing the harmful
interference has been corrected.

We are federally licensed stations. If their "Part 15"
"incidental radiators" interfere with our stations,
the law REQUIRES the power companies to cease
their operations until the interferance is fixed.

Why can't we take this angle to clobber these guys?

73 DE Dave Stinson AB5S