Old April 26th 04, 07:21 PM
GET NJ

Default Anybody using yaesu VX-5R headsets?

I'm thinking of getting a yaesu VX-5R

Is anybody using any of the optional headsets/mics? Do they allow for
handsfree operation? Are there any Sites on the Web with pictures of
the headsets? I didn't see any pictures at the yaesu Site.

--

GET NJ
Free Ads -- AND LOTS MORE!

Old April 26th 04, 10:47 PM
KØHB

"Lloyd" wrote

My gripe is that the HT has bad ergonometric design.

WTF is "ergonometric"? Did you make up that word? Maybe you meant
"ergonomics" --- for training, go here
http://www.safetyalert.com/training/pdf/ergonomics.pdf

With all kind wishes,

de Hans, K0HB

Old April 27th 04, 01:19 AM
KØHB

"Lloyd" wrote

ergonometric
adjective of ergonomics: relating or conforming to ergonomics

Sunuvagun! Time to get a new Phunk & Wagnalls

With all kind wishes,

de Hans, K0HB

Old April 28th 04, 06:15 PM
Helmut

Hi, GET NJ,

First, after using the VX5R for 5 years now (US-version, bought in San Diego
HRO), I can assure you of buying the right thing. I use either the VC-25
Headset including VOX (this allows you handsfree operation, though quite
difficult in noisy environment like a car. I prefer to use the PTT-feater of
the headset instead), as well as the MH-34 Speaker/Mike, which has an
earphone plug included. The audio on the TRX itself is great for MW, SW and
FM Radio reception, even music sounds good. This good audio is also heard
from the two accessories described.

Mounted on a simple cell-phone holder, and supplied with power from the
battery (directly via two inline-fuses), you can almost use it like a
mobile, when you aquire a brick-amplifier available from different sources
to give you sufficient power output. As antenna I use a magmount dualband
for 2m/70cm.

With the same setup and powerd by a 20 A PS, I use a dualband vertical atop
the house and run it as a base station.

Be sure to have a cooling fan sitting nearby the TRX, and dont touch it,
when running long transmissions. Due to its MilSpecs its enclosure is made
of cast aluminum, an you could burn your fingers. As far as I learned, an
internal thermal fuse helps you to prevent from blowing the finals caused by
overheating.

Drop a line, if you need mor info on the neat little peace. BTW, I paid 358
Dollars back then.

73 and much fun de
OE8SOQ/KG6ERZ
Helmut