Old May 9th 04, 09:18 PM
Chuck Gysi N2DUP

Default NEWS: N2DUP announces for ARRL section manager in Minnesota

VOTE FOR A LEADER
Chuck Gysi, N2DUP for ARRL section manager in Minnesota

NEWS RELEASE

For immediate release
May 7, 2004
Contact: Chuck Gysi, N2DUP /

NOTE TO EDITORS: A digital mug shot of Chuck Gysi, N2DUP, is available via
e-mail request. Please specify the file format you prefer.

N2DUP announces run for ARRL Minnesota section manager

Chuck Gysi, N2DUP, has announced his candidacy for Minnesota section manager
in this summer's election in the American Radio Relay League.

Gysi is a long-time ARRL volunteer and has been an active amateur radio
operator for a solid 22 years. He chose to run for the section manager's
position because of his leadership experience.

"I have a lot to bring to the section manager's position," Gysi said. "I am
the best candidate running because of my leadership skills and long-time
involvement as an amateur."

The section manager oversees the more than 2,500 ARRL members in Minnesota and
appoints hams to serve in capacities ranging from official observers to public
information officers.

"I can bring the ARRL Minnesota section back on track and fill unfilled key
appointments," Gysi said. "I have served in a number of key ARRL positions in
the past and know how to find the best people to get the job done."

ARRL members will receive ballots from league headquarters in Newington,
Conn., about July 1.

Gysi currently serves as an ARRL public information officer and also has
served as emergency coordinator, district emergency coordinator and official
emergency station. He is a member of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club and the
Minnesota Wireless Association. He also has served as a volunteer in amateur
radio communications during his entire 22 years as a ham operator.

"I am the only qualified and experienced candidate running for section
manager," Gysi said. "The Minnesota section has a lot of work ahead that needs
to be done and only an experienced candidate can handle the task. That's why I
ask you to vote for a leader. I look forward to serving my fellow ARRL members
in our great state."

Gysi is available to make presentations at club meetings or other gatherings
of hams anywhere in Minnesota. Call him toll-free at (888) 463-5355 or send an
e-mail to
. In addition, he has set up an extensive web
site about his candidacy at
www.RadioHams.net.

- 30 -