Old May 31st 04, 06:27 PM
Fred Maxwell

Default dual band ht

I want to buy a nice dual band ht, but want one that can be modified
for the extended TX & RXC ... what is a good one to buy.I already
know the law, so no flames, please!

WA4PAV

Fred
Old June 1st 04, 02:00 PM
Harry

The Yaseu VX-5R is a tri-band for about $200
The Icom IC-T90A is a tri-band for about $250
They both have wind band receive, the Icom will receive .495 - 999 MHz

Old June 1st 04, 11:04 PM
Dave Bushong

Fred Maxwell wrote:
I want to buy a nice dual band ht, but want one that can be modified
for the extended TX & RXC ... what is a good one to buy.I already
know the law, so no flames, please!

WA4PAV

Fred

Hi Fred,

I assume you only want to use extended receive, and not to transmit on
police and fire bands. You may or may not know that many dual band rigs
already receive extended coverage out of the box. Look at the fine
print, and save a few bucks.

All the best, and 73,
Dave
kz1o