Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 12th 04, 03:00 AM
Stuart Grey

Default PSK31 and such.

Hi!

About 20 years ago, I got interested in Ham Radio, and even
got the old novice license. I wanted to be a good ham radio
operator, and listened to many of the conversations going on,
and I noticed that most of them seem to be about old men and
their various diseases.

Well, back then I was too young, and didn’t have any diseases
to talk about, so I gave the hobby up and let my license
expire. I was just too intimidated to talk to anyone. What
about my fist! What would I say! And so on. I mean, just look
at this usenet post and you can tell I’m a lid, right?

That was then, and now I have all kinds of problems with
blood pressure, bad knees, hearing loss and so on to share
with the Amateur Radio world, so I’m going to get one of the
new fangled "Tech" and then "General" licenses. Shouldn’t be
a problem, I did the 5 wpm code test before, I could re-learn
that; and I have a couple of degrees in physics and
electrical engineering so all I really need to re-learn are
the rules and such.

Oh yeah! I gotta have a question. Okay, here’s one; I’m
interested in this PSK31 * thing. Does anyone do PPP via
this modulation technique, like to pass primitive usenet like
messages, old ftp, or text based web pages?

* http://psk31.com/