Old June 12th 04, 09:45 PM
Scott

Default Noise From TV on my receiver.

When I turn on my TV i get 5 S units of noise on 10 meters (28 MHz).
I have cable TV. When I disconnect the cable from the TV the noise
stops. Somehow the noise is being generated from TV (when it's on)
and sent through the cable lined which is effecting my receive on my
radio. I was thinking a high pass filter where the cable goes into
the TV. Anyone know if this would work? If not, then what might work?

Thanks in advance, Scott
Old June 12th 04, 11:24 PM
Lou

I know of an elderly couple who had a similar experience recently. They had
a TV putting out RF and they too were on Cable. The RF would radiate from
the cable into other TVs, be they connected to the cable also or not and
other appliances which were in some way, receivers.... VCRs, etc.

The cable company was called in to investigate and they traced it down to
the tuner of the offending TV set. As soon as that set was turned off, all
RF interference ceased. Not sure what they ended up doing with the offending
set. To my knowledge, they were not told to try to filter it or anything
else, so I can't say what the conclusion was.

Lou

om...

Old June 13th 04, 08:13 AM
Hal Rosser

borrow a different tv and put it in the same place - if the noise stops -
you know the tv needs replacing

"Scott" wrote in message
om...
When I turn on my TV i get 5 S units of noise on 10 meters (28 MHz).
I have cable TV. When I disconnect the cable from the TV the noise
stops. Somehow the noise is being generated from TV (when it's on)
and sent through the cable lined which is effecting my receive on my
radio. I was thinking a high pass filter where the cable goes into
the TV. Anyone know if this would work? If not, then what might work?

Thanks in advance, Scott

---

Old June 14th 04, 05:06 AM
Scott

The TV is brand new. I already know the noise is coming from the TV.
The question was, weather a high pass filter would suppress the noise
generated from the TV.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message .. .
borrow a different tv and put it in the same place - if the noise stops -
you know the tv needs replacing

om...

Old June 16th 04, 12:55 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Try a brute force AC line filter. These 'state of the art' TVs mostly use
switching power supplies. Puts out an amazing amount of trash.

Dan/W4NTI

"Scott" wrote in message
om...
The TV is brand new. I already know the noise is coming from the TV.
The question was, weather a high pass filter would suppress the noise
generated from the TV.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message

.. .
borrow a different tv and put it in the same place - if the noise

stops -
you know the tv needs replacing

om...

Old June 16th 04, 02:52 AM
WB2JKX

Dan/W4NTI w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
news
Try a brute force AC line filter. These 'state of the art' TVs mostly use
switching power supplies. Puts out an amazing amount of trash.

Dan/W4NTI

"Scott" wrote in message
om...
The TV is brand new. I already know the noise is coming from the TV.
The question was, weather a high pass filter would suppress the noise
generated from the TV.

And make the RF cable into a choke (wind around ferrite core or such) at the
set connection, to minimize noise conducted over the outer braid of the
coax.