Old June 28th 04, 03:07 PM
Mike Andrews

Default 1963 Callbook Page request

I'm working on getting my General, finally, after letting my Novice
lapse in 1963 or 1964.

If one of you fine folks has a page from one of those callbooks
showing

WN5EGO
Mike Andrews
7663 Belgard
Houston TX 77033

and is willing to copy-and-mail it, or to fax it, or to
scan-and-E-mail it, I'd like to hear from you, as I'd like to use my
existing credit for Element One.

It's worth a steak dinner at The Cattlemen's Cafe in Oklahoma City to
the first one who sends it to me, next time he or she's out in the
..okc.ok.us area.

Please respond by E-mail if you want to fax it or send snail mail to
me. The reply address is valid if you want to scan-and-E-mail; PNG or
TIF preferred, as Jpeg is lossy.

Thanks.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin
Old June 28th 04, 07:08 PM
Jack Twilley

Old June 28th 04, 10:42 PM
LRod

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:08:53 -0700, Jack Twilley
wrote:

In my experience with Mike, I've learned that while he is interested
in conservation of effort, he is more interested in principle.

What principle would that be? He let his license lapse 40 years ago
but now he wants to use the element that was given by a single
licensed amateur (no VE examination, no FCC) and have it apply to a
license he is attempting to obtain in a vastly different time with no
intevening amateur operation to which it would apply, whatsoever.

Yes, he could take the 5WPM test again, and pass it. That's not the
point here. If your elmer let his license lapse and needed a callbook
reference for credit, would you tell him to take the damned test
again, or would you consider helping a friend out with a trivial task?

See above. The principle has to do with making the effort to obtain a
credit in a legitimate way, not through the back door after 40 years
of inactivity. To answer your question, if my Elmer (who died shortly
after I was licensed in 1963, presumably an unrelated event) was
trying to get an upgraded ticket after he had let his lapse for 40
years, I would counsel him exactly the same way: take the test.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Old June 28th 04, 11:50 PM
JohnJacobJingleHimerSchmidt

Check this site: