Old June 28th 04, 06:10 PM
Ralph Blach

Default why no Mexican stations during feild day

Does anybody know why there weren't any Mexican station on at feild day.
I have heard lots of Canadian stations, but none from Mexico.

It would be nice if our friends from south of Border would participate.

IMHO

Chip
kf4wbk
Old June 28th 04, 06:23 PM
Da Shadow

We are very close to the XE border and didn't hear any thing from Mexico
either on HF.

I think our 6M station may have worked a few LOS

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

Old June 28th 04, 10:03 PM
J999w

I didn't work anyone from Kansas ... why don't they participate?????

jw
K9RZZ

Old June 28th 04, 10:11 PM
Dee D. Flint

"J999w" wrote in message
I didn't work anyone from Kansas ... why don't they participate?????

jw
K9RZZ

I recall working stations from Kansas.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old June 28th 04, 10:53 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Ralph Blach" wrote in message
Does anybody know why there weren't any Mexican station on at feild day.
I have heard lots of Canadian stations, but none from Mexico.

It would be nice if our friends from south of Border would participate.

IMHO

Chip
kf4wbk

Possibly because the ARRL FD is for the USA, its possessions, and Canada.
EH?

Dan/W4NTI

Old June 29th 04, 03:14 AM

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
hlink.net...

Does anybody know why there weren't any Mexican station on at feild day.
I have heard lots of Canadian stations, but none from Mexico.

It would be nice if our friends from south of Border would participate.

Because the mexicans couldnt find a set of jumper cables to get the radios
started........

Old June 29th 04, 05:39 PM
Da Shadow

What might be funny is our recip agreement.
If I understand it we have such an agreement see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/reg.../io/recip.html

But folks tell me you best buy a permit -- see URL:
http://www.geocities.com/wd9ewk/xe-permit.html

But XE's operate here with no problem

Go figure

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
---------------------------------------
"Ralph Blach" wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
hlink.net...

Does anybody know why there weren't any Mexican station on at feild day.

I have heard lots of Canadian stations, but none from Mexico.

It would be nice if our friends from south of Border would participate.

Because the mexicans couldnt find a set of jumper cables to get the

radios
started........

Well, I dont find that funny at all.

Chip

Old June 30th 04, 09:00 AM
D. Stussy

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Ralph Blach wrote:
Does anybody know why there weren't any Mexican station on at feild day.
I have heard lots of Canadian stations, but none from Mexico.

It would be nice if our friends from south of Border would participate.

Because there are no Mexicans, dufus. They're all up here in the U.S. as
"illegals."