RadioBanter

-   -   FS: Isotron 40m & 80m antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/26042-fs-isotron-40m-80m-antennas.html)

Mike Coslo July 19th 04 04:00 AM

GeorgeF wrote:

Great Lib Net 3950 wrote:

ISOTRON = J-U-N-K

get it now dumb ****?

The only thing I get is that maybe ham radio isn't for me. Sorry for
trying to get involved in this hobby. I read where hams were to be
helpful and friendly. But I've seen something which I don't need
involvement in. I have enough of this kinda talk and attitude at work,
don't need it in my spare time too.

Don't be so sensitive George. This is USENET not Ham radio.

Mike Coslo July 19th 04 05:03 AM

Great Lib Net 3950 wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Great Lib Net 3950 wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Hi George.

As a more usable answer for you, as opposed to some

//drivelsnipped//

ISOTRON = J-U-N-K

get it now dumb ****?

Wow! Guess you told me!

Mike KB3EIA -

ISOTRON = JUNK

Yaknow Great Lib Net, Isotron IS junk. I was just trying to tell him why.

- Mike KB3EIA -

[email protected] July 19th 04 05:50 AM

George:

Most hams are both helpful and friendly. When I was thinking about
getting my ticket (Oct., 01), I made the mistake of checking out the
newsgroups. I was rather worried that the nastiness which is way too
common here is typical of the hobby in general. The good news is that
it is not (well, much of 75 SSB is, note the handle of the guy you are
quoting .. grin). Luckily, I got my ticket anyway.

Ignore the bozos whose emotional development stopped around age 3. And
try to understand that some of these guys are trying to be helpful but
lack certain social graces.

It really is a great hobby .. whether you use a Isotron or a stack of
4-element SteppIRs

Paul AB0SI

"GeorgeF" wrote in message

Great Lib Net 3950 wrote:

ISOTRON = J-U-N-K

get it now dumb ****?

The only thing I get is that maybe ham radio isn't for me. Sorry

for
trying to get involved in this hobby. I read where hams were to be
helpful and friendly. But I've seen something which I don't need
involvement in. I have enough of this kinda talk and attitude at

work,
don't need it in my spare time too.

George

greg z July 21st 04 05:35 AM

Obviously you have a real problem your 40 meter dipole. Sorry. I am
putting the Isotron's down, but I suspect you have some issues with
the dipole that should have been addressed.

Pete

Sounds like you got it Pete
I can't comment on the Isotron cause I've never heard one
on the air. 'Cept for the guy down the street, I think,
his sig was kinda light, too light to confirm,Hi
Kept getting walked on by that damn south african QRP station,
Hi

73

Greg Z
to thine own sound be true