Old August 17th 04, 10:30 PM
Tim Boyd

Default wire antenna help

I have installed a inverted V wire antenna. I have it connected with a
1:1 balun at 30 feet from the ground. The center wire is 66 ft 6 in
long. The end is 8 feet from ground. The other leg is 28 ft long and
attached to the roof of my house (appox 20 feet). I am getting started
in MARS and need to transmit around 3.350 MHZ. What can I do to this
antenna to tx around that freq ? Right now the antenna works from 40
meters to 6 meters with my MFJ 945 tuner. I was thinking I could make a
wire trap for it. Thanks for any ideas.
"73"
Tim

Old August 17th 04, 11:43 PM
Dan/W4NTI

First off....why did you put up a antenna of 94 foot total length, then feed
it at some off the wall spot of 28' through a 1/1 for in the first place?

And if you want to work all bands via a tuner why did you use a balun and
coax for?

In order to work properly remove the coax and the balun. Stretch out 140
foot TOTAL length and hook some ladder line to it. If you don't want to/ or
can't run the ll into the shack. Put a 4/1 balun outside and run a piece of
coax to the tuner inside.

If you don't have enough room for a center fed, then put up as much wire as
possible and feed it center or end. Again with ladder line.

Or better yet...go buy a ARRL antenna handbook and learn something about
antenna's. It is a hobby in itself.

Also you might want to pose this question to the following;

rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Got some real guru's there.

Dan/W4NTI