Old September 2nd 04, 04:28 AM
Bill Newkirk

Default for amateurs evacuating the brevard county area...

To List:

Following is a list of coordination information for Amateur Radio and CERT
Personnel who make the decision to evacuate the area. Upon return, after
the
storm has passed, Amateur Radio Operators and CERT personnel will stage at
the
Palm Bay BCC north Parking Lot for assignments. If the parking lot is
inaccessible or unusable as a staging area. We will stage in the Bayside
Lakes
Publix Plaza parking lot near Beef O' Brady's.

For Amateur Radio Operators :

Below is a list of frequencies that can be used by amateur radio operators
who
evacuate the Melbourne/Palm Bay area to stay in touch. We will plan on
making
contact at 5:00 pm, 6:00pm, and 7:00 pm. on 14.340 MHz.
In the event radio communication conditions are bad, try one of the other
listed frequencies. We will use these as calling frequencies so once
contact
is made you and your other party may want to select another frequency to
move
to or you may wish to remain on frequency and join the group that will be on
the frequency.

Operators that remain in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area may also use these
frequencies to contact individuals that have departed the area for news etc.
if
things get slow.

When you return to the area after the storm has passed we will assume no
repeaters are left standing and will coordinate our activities on 145.520
Simplex. A net may be established on 145.520 by the time you return. You
may
be directed by net control to move to a frequency that is not programmed in
your radio. You may want to plan on having your radio operating manuals
with
you when you evacuate. Establishing communications will be our top priority
when you return.

145.520 MHz Simplex
14.340 MHz Primary
21.415 MHz
28.335 MHz

If you know of an amateur that is planning on evacuating and is not in the
distribution list or did receive this notice, please forward or give a copy
of
this message to them
Please print this list out and take it with you when you leave the area.
Good
Luck Stay Safe

Thank You
Steven Hathaway
South Brevard County Emergency Coordinator
DCS Website: http://bellsouthpwp.net/h/a/hathaway/index.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above.
If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately at the
e-mail
address above and delete the original message.

PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most
written communication, including e-mail, are public records and available to
the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may therefore
be
subject to public disclosure.