Old October 9th 04, 02:21 AM
Web

Default Prepared to make some noise?

If the FCC hearing scheduled for October 14 on BPL goes the way most of us
think it will and amateur concerns are ignored, how many of us are prepared
to vote Kerry..........By the way what is his stance?

Old October 9th 04, 02:35 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Web" wrote in message
. net...
If the FCC hearing scheduled for October 14 on BPL goes the way most of us
think it will and amateur concerns are ignored, how many of us are

prepared
to vote Kerry..........By the way what is his stance?

As a liberal, he would have to believe that everyone has a right to high
speed internet so he would have to be for it. The only difference is he
would expect the taxpayers to support it rather than expecting it to survive
on its own profits.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old October 9th 04, 02:52 AM
Hamguy

Kerry voted for it...then against it...then for it...then against it. I
think he's still for it.

. net...

Old October 29th 04, 04:46 PM
BJ

I wouldn't vote for a leftist trader for all the tea in China. Kerry and
Jane Fonda can both leave this country.

. net...

Old October 30th 04, 12:20 AM
Dave Bushong

BJ wrote:
I wouldn't vote for a leftist trader for all the tea in China. Kerry and
Jane Fonda can both leave this country.

[...]

If the FCC hearing scheduled for October 14 on BPL goes the way most of us

One thing to remember, whether it's BPL or anything else: for whatever
Bush has failed us, at least he is a known quantity, and he has a track
record. Kerry has never had the job, so be sure to judge him on his
history, not on what he *might* do.

Editorially speaking, as someone from this part of the world (I live in
NH and work in Mass), Kerry will say anything that is convenient. I'm
worried about my radios and my guns. I use both for pleasure and for
protecting my family and country. You can go to howstuffworks.com to
see how each of these guys has voted about those issues, as well as any
other subjects you might be interested in.

I sent George Bush an email about a ham radio subject last year. I got
an answer, although not the position that I wanted to hear.

I sent John Kerry an email about the same subject. I got no response
other than the knee-jerk one that said "we have received your email..."

We need to keep ham radio alive. It could be eliminated with the stroke
of a pen -- it has been shut down in the past. If BPL comes to life, we
could be the "hobby that used to be".

These guys don't know what ham radio is, or how valuable it is to the
USA and the whole world (how soon they forget after the hurricanes this
past summer!).

Guys, use your energy and tech abilities to let the candidates, and
elected ones, to know that we are here, we volunteer, and we vote. Not
just the 35% of eligible voters; I'm talking about 100% of hams going to
the polling place (and 100% of gun owners, of which there is a very
large overlap).

Dave
KZ1O