Old October 22nd 04, 03:21 PM
Floyd

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message
Subject: My question is.....
From: "Kirk"
Date: 10/22/2004 8:33 PM Central Standard Time
My question is:

Why hasn't Riley and the FCC spent the time, effort, and funds, on ending
ND8V's reign of terror on the bands, as they have on ending K1MAN's

bulletin
service? ND8V and his group are a major embarrassment to your service.

ND8V
is nothing but a radio terrorist. Plain and simple. If you disagree, you
obviously have not heard him on 14.272 lately.

Do you anti-K1MAN folks not see a problem here???????

Sure there is...limited assets and limited resources...One thing at a
time. He'll get his...

Bull****. I've heard ole Mikey cursing on HF for YEARS! What takes so
long??? He's had many complaints filed, but little get done.

I can see K1MAN's point. If the ARRL can have a bulletin service, so can

he.

But who does he represent? ARRL has a well earned and trusted

reputation.

He represents those who DO NOT worship the ARRL. ARRL, "trusted", "eanrned",
yeah right, only by fools.

K1MAN, on the otherhand, is a callous, self-appreciating thug.

Again, your opinion, not a fact.

Here's a FACT.
If ya don't like the bulletin service, spin the f**king dial! It's not like
the bands are jammed packed these days!

The ARRL also has stuff For Sale on their web site too, so that argument
holds no merit with me.

The ARRL site does not offer financial incentives on it's site for
"Section Managers" to recruit, a clear violation of pecuniary interest in

both
the most strict and liberal interpretations.

Horse****! The ARRL begs for money, and you damn well know it.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 22nd 04, 03:24 PM
OH YEAH

Maybe no one turned them in? I have no idea how or IF the FCC goes about
"monitoring" the bands. I thought that was what the "elite" Official
Observer (OO) club was for. You know, the bunch that the ARRL makes you test
for and then says you're a qualified "turner inner"? Problem is, most of the
stuff turned in, goes unnoticed or let's say not dealt with for a LONG time.
WHY? Because you have to report it (IF AN OO) to the Head OO in your area,
then IF he/she thinks it is good enough - providing they're doing their job,
they send it on to the ARRL who then scrutinizes it and sends it (if they
even bother to look at it or listen to it) on to the FCC. By that time the
damage is done. People who may have wanted into ham - shuck the idea off,
those who were, don't want bothered with it anymore. It ruins it for many.
Used to be, I'd promote Ham. Once the crap started filtering in and you were
afraid to turn the dial for fear of letting some kid you were trying to
promote ham to, hearing the same BS as is very common on the CB band, then I
quit doing so. I used to have parents ask me about how "nice" ham was and
they'd like their child to get into it, as it was "clean". They didn't want
CB. Well, now it isn't so anymore. That few percent is enough to start
ruining it for many. You leave enough bad apples in a barrel long enough,
eventually they all start to rot.

Enforcement issues are varied. Some may agree, some may not. For starters,
IF daily fines (usually of $500 per day/offense) are listed in many of the
FCC books, then why wait months? Rack them up with the number of days it
takes and the cumulative fines of $7000 or more and have at it. Yank the
license. Be done with it. Why screw around? I have to wonder if the FCC
really DOES want to do anything about half the crap that goes on. Of course,
if they're getting ready as they may already have done - selling Ham up the
river with BPL or some other scheme to wipe out Ham as we know it, they
won't have to bother enforcing anything anymore. Just make it illegal for
ALL to be there. ONE CLEAN SWEEP. IF BPL or whatever produces as much
interference as it is thought - then no one will be able to talk and
well....... eventually, they will shut their systems down for lack of
interest or an audience as the case may be.

Then there is the flip side of the coin. Enforcement takes time which
relates to cash and hourly fees/wages. Though the fines COULD pay for the
costs incurred, they have to be finalized through the legal system. That can
take a while and well, some may be wiped out with a "not guilty" verdict.
So, bottom line... Unless they have a hard core case, ham radio will go into
the trash barrel because of all the crap allowed to go on.

I don't think it is "just" Riley, after all, he does have "bosses". What the
collective ham community who wants to preserve it's good nature - needs to
do, is start sending mass petitions to the "Chairmen" of the FCC to demand
action be swift and just on those who choose to violate the laws. Just like
you go to council in your borough or City to demand a crack down by Police
to quell hot spots in speeding or other activity. You've got to speak up to
those in control. Talking to the "cops" gets you no where, they don't make
the laws or have the authority to start spending time on any single issue.
They too have bosses - those in local government. SO, you got to go over
their heads if you want more action.

Personally, I give Ham about 5 - 10 more years and it will be DEAD. For many
reasons. Technology being one, lack of oversight - another. Ham radio prices
high as they are, are not enough to keep the bad bunch off. Code isn't
enough either. It hasn't kept those from transgressing onto 10 meters! Has
it? NO............ With used H.F. rigs available at Hamfests and so on,
there is NO control. NOTHING will stop those from getting on illegally if
they choose to do so. It's the beginning of the end for what "was" a nice
hobby. This country is beginning to be more and more like the wild west.
LAWLESS. Many have shucked - obeying the law of the land. With that
attitude, it can't get any better.

Just me!

"Kirk" wrote in message
My question is:

Why hasn't Riley and the FCC spent the time, effort, and funds, on ending
ND8V's reign of terror on the bands, as they have on ending K1MAN's
bulletin
service? ND8V and his group are a major embarrassment to your service.
ND8V
is nothing but a radio terrorist. Plain and simple. If you disagree, you
obviously have not heard him on 14.272 lately.

Do you anti-K1MAN folks not see a problem here???????

I can see K1MAN's point. If the ARRL can have a bulletin service, so can
he.

The ARRL also has stuff For Sale on their web site too, so that argument
holds no merit with me.

Kirk - SWL

Old December 9th 04, 10:51 PM
Greg R

Nice way to track new amateur user by using cuss words.
I see nothing wrong with you bulletins

Greg R