Old November 2nd 04, 11:01 PM
Simon Worsley

Default Newbie needs help with FT1000 MP MK5 + MD200 mic settings

Recently purchased a used (but in excellent condition) FT-1000 MK 5
with MD-200.

I am having trouble setting up the microphone, and am told my TX audio
is FLAT.

What are the best settings with this mic and radio, ie:-

What menu settings should be changed and to what value?

Where should the PROC knob be turned to, and also the MIC knob?

On the bottom the the mic is a switch, which way should it be set?
Also inside the mic is a rotatable control - again, how should this be
set?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Wishes...

Old November 3rd 04, 03:41 AM
Chaney

No they don't...

--

Chaney...

Chaney's World...
www.chaney.i12.com

"Pun Krocker" wrote in message
On this day, 02/11/2004 23:01, Simon Worsley said the following:
Recently purchased a used (but in excellent condition) FT-1000 MK 5
with MD-200.

I am having trouble setting up the microphone, and am told my TX audio
is FLAT.

snip

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Wishes...

Buy a Kenwood, they sound better.

--
d[®_®]b PK

interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read."

Old November 3rd 04, 03:48 AM
Chaney

Set 4.4 to either 3 or 4...

Go here http://www.va3cr.net/default.htm for more advice....

--

Chaney...

Chaney's World...
www.chaney.i12.com

Old November 3rd 04, 07:53 AM
jim.gm4dhj

Recently purchased a used (but in excellent condition) FT-1000 MK 5
with MD-200.

I am having trouble ...

A Newbie shouldn't have a FT1000MP.......but then again it's like any other
hobby now...go out and buy a load of expensive equipment...get fed up...sell
it and move on to next hobby ...do it all again.....

Old November 3rd 04, 10:16 AM
Chaney

He may be an old G8 that is new to HF!!!...may not be as well...

--

Chaney...

Chaney's World...
www.chaney.i12.com

Old November 3rd 04, 10:19 AM
Gordon Hudson

"jim.gm4dhj" wrote in message

Recently purchased a used (but in excellent condition) FT-1000 MK 5
with MD-200.

I am having trouble ...

A Newbie shouldn't have a FT1000MP.......but then again it's like any
other
hobby now...go out and buy a load of expensive equipment...get fed
up...sell
it and move on to next hobby ...do it all again.....

Hopefully lots of cheap second hand stuff going to be on Ebay then.
I still want my old TS520 back.
Analogue display, but very clean output and it even ran off 12V so you coul
duse it in the car.

Old November 3rd 04, 11:10 AM
Nick G4FAL

"Chaney" wrote in message
k...
Set 4.4 to either 3 or 4...

Go here http://www.va3cr.net/default.htm for more advice....

I would second Chaney's suggestion except the I leave 4.4 at 1 to avoid
sounding like a Darlek.

http://www.va3cr.net/ has loads of pages of suggestion for the MP and MkV.
You can mess around with the offsets ad infinitum to adjust your audio.

Turn off the processor and set the mike gain so that voice peaks hit the
marker on the ALC part of the bargraph, then turn the processor back on, set
at 11 o'clock.

I also agree with the general theme of the thread - why are you using an
FT1000MP MkV as a first radio? Seems nuts to me.

Nick G4FAL

Old November 3rd 04, 02:08 PM
Jock.

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 07:53:31 GMT, "jim.gm4dhj" wrote:

Recently purchased a used (but in excellent condition) FT-1000 MK 5
with MD-200.

I am having trouble ...

A Newbie shouldn't have a FT1000MP.......but then again it's like any other
hobby now...go out and buy a load of expensive equipment...get fed up...sell
it and move on to next hobby ...do it all again.....

Why knock it? That benefits those who buy the equipment they get
fed up with!

--

Jock.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that
genius has its limits.
-- Einstein
Old November 3rd 04, 05:16 PM
jim.gm4dhj

Hopefully lots of cheap second hand stuff going to be on Ebay then.
I still want my old TS520 back.

I also......me too...best rig ever made.....

Analogue display, but very clean output and it even ran off 12V so you

could
use it in the car.

What size of car you got then?...I thought an ft101 under the dash of an
Allegro was pushing it in 1976......

Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM