Old November 30th 04, 01:48 PM
Roger

Default Morse Code training

Hi

I am trying to find some audio files that I can plug into my MP3 player.

I'd like to have something that let's me listen to code and learn it as
it sounds, as opposed to trying to decipher the dashes and dots and
correlate to letters.

Perhaps something where a voice says A, then the code happens, then B, etc.

Is there anything like that available online that I can download?

Thanks everybody.
Old November 30th 04, 08:21 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Roger" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I am trying to find some audio files that I can plug into my MP3 player.

I'd like to have something that let's me listen to code and learn it as
it sounds, as opposed to trying to decipher the dashes and dots and
correlate to letters.

Perhaps something where a voice says A, then the code happens, then B,

etc.

Is there anything like that available online that I can download?

Thanks everybody.

I don't see the purpose in that. You need to learn Morse in a manner to
actually copy what is being sent. Use the time proven farnsworth method.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 30th 04, 08:47 PM
Roger

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
. ..

Hi

I am trying to find some audio files that I can plug into my MP3 player.

I'd like to have something that let's me listen to code and learn it as
it sounds, as opposed to trying to decipher the dashes and dots and
correlate to letters.

Perhaps something where a voice says A, then the code happens, then B,

etc.

Is there anything like that available online that I can download?

Thanks everybody.

I don't see the purpose in that. You need to learn Morse in a manner to
actually copy what is being sent. Use the time proven farnsworth method.

Dan/W4NTI

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have a Windows based program that will output
code when I type a letter. What I want is something that I can listen to
on my mp3 player while driving. The PC is helpful, but what I'd prefer
is a wav or MP3 file or files that sound the code and speak the letters.

I think of Morse code as learning any other language. As with any other
language you can get tapes and cd's that play the words in whatever
language, so that your ear becomes attuned to deciphering it. They
repeat a phrase in english, then in say...spanish.

I want something similar so that I can listen while driving.

Roger
Old November 30th 04, 09:44 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Roger" wrote in message
news
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I believe you can get audio CDs from both the ARRL and W5YI that teach the
code this way so you can play them while driving or otherwise away from your
computer.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old November 30th 04, 11:56 PM
Dave Bushong

Roger wrote:
Hi

I am trying to find some audio files that I can plug into my MP3 player.

Roger,

I'm not sure if this posting is for real, but if so, please contact me
directly. Use this email address.

I'll make some MP3 files for you, and customized (using the AEA CW
Machine, they will call you by name). I do it all the time. It will
make you laugh.

Let me know what speed you want to use.

All the best, and 73,
Dave