RadioBanter

-   -   Code Quick/ANyone have some they would share/sell? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/26468-code-quick-anyone-have-some-they-would-share-sell.html)

[email protected] December 14th 04 03:41 PM

Code Quick/ANyone have some they would share/sell?

I have heard those code quick tapes are a good way to learn code for
the 5 wpm requirement. Is this true? Where could I find a used set of
tapes/cd's to purchase?

J. Yazel December 15th 04 09:52 PM

On 14 Dec 2004 07:41:34 -0800, wrote:

I have heard those code quick tapes are a good way to learn code for
the 5 wpm requirement. Is this true? Where could I find a used set of
tapes/cd's to purchase?

============

Why not download a free practice program?

Use Google and enter: Morsey "morse code"

Jack

[email protected] December 15th 04 10:23 PM

J. Yazel wrote:
On 14 Dec 2004 07:41:34 -0800, wrote:

I have heard those code quick tapes are a good way to learn code for
the 5 wpm requirement. Is this true? Where could I find a used set

of
tapes/cd's to purchase?

============

Why not download a free practice program?

Use Google and enter: Morsey "morse code"

Jack

The problem is I would rather have tapes or cd. I cant sit at the
computer all day.

Dave Bushong December 16th 04 12:17 AM

wrote:
[...]
The problem is I would rather have tapes or cd. I cant sit at the
computer all day.

That is part of the problem, but not all of it. "Sit in front of the
computer to have fun studying Morse Code"? Not fun.

It MUST be interesting.

For example: My son wanted to get his code speed up, but couldn't spend
much time on the air. Could I send him some links to code practice
sites / programs?

I made some tapes where I invented two people talking in CW (one was
him; the other was a trash-talking prostitute). Lots of words and terms
that CW operators would never use on the air.

Probably, people my age (50-ish) would not enjoy this. But my son,
almost 31, thinks that is funny. So I made it interesting, and he can't
stop playing the tape (and HAS to learn code in the process).

When I learned the code when I was a teenager, it was very exciting to
hear dits and dahs from faraway places. Now, it's exciting for
teenagers to hear forbidden speech in Morse code (we'll see).

Whatever works.

All the best, and 73,
Dave
KZ1O

(don't bother to do the lookup - my son's callsign is KA1NHG)

J. Yazel December 16th 04 08:58 PM

Why not download a free practice program?
Use Google and enter: Morsey "morse code"
Jack

The problem is I would rather have tapes or cd. I cant sit at the
computer all day.

=================================

I'm probably misunderstanding what you are saying, but
you listen to this software, not look at it. There is no reason
to sit at the computer. In other words, it works just like tape.

Jack

Tom S December 17th 04 06:14 PM

"J. Yazel" wrote in message

Why not download a free practice program?
Use Google and enter: Morsey "morse code"
Jack

The problem is I would rather have tapes or cd. I cant sit at the
computer all day.

=================================

I'm probably misunderstanding what you are saying, but
you listen to this software, not look at it. There is no reason
to sit at the computer. In other words, it works just like tape.

Jack

Jack might want to listen in the car, while walking, out boike riding, lying
in bed, etc. using a Walman type thingy........

J. Yazel December 17th 04 07:41 PM

Jack might want to listen in the car, while walking, out boike riding, lying
in bed, etc. using a Walman type thingy........

I see your point.

Jack