Old December 21st 04, 01:00 AM
Jimmy Mac

Default Tech: Kenwood TM-401

Hi All,

I am planning on using an old Kenwood TM 401 rig for a temporary link radio
but can not locate any schematics. Have any of you been able to locate a
good point for COS on a TM401?

Thanks!

jim AT manicarcade DOT com

Old December 26th 04, 08:25 PM
D. Stussy

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Jimmy Mac wrote:
I am planning on using an old Kenwood TM 401 rig for a temporary link radio
but can not locate any schematics. Have any of you been able to locate a
good point for COS on a TM401?

Since this radio has squelched audio, why not add a line from the audio output
to your COS input (as well as your audio in)? That trick does seem to work
with some TNCs for packet purposes (I have done it with AEA PK87s, PCB88s, and
Kantronics KPC9612s and KPC4s).