Old December 27th 04, 08:38 PM
Pipex Text

Default Anyone help contact the Andaman Islands?

Not sure of any better place to try for help. A friend has just phoned -
she is desperate because her son Richard Mulholland is back-packing on
Little Andaman and, of course, she has had not contact for the last
couple of days.

It's taken her a day already just to simply register with the official
helpline so she asked me if we had contacts inside the amateur
fraternity that might be able to help.

If anyone does have a regular contact with the Andamans then on the very
slender chance that Richard is known to them she'd appreciate any
knowledge of his current situation.

If anyone knows any internet or other resources which might be of help
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Brian G0UKB
Old December 27th 04, 10:53 PM
J999w

When the VU4 DXpedition was in full operation, they were very difficult to hear
at best. Now they are on battery power running 20 watts. They are the only hams
on the Island.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/12/26/100/?nc=1

GL,

jw
k9rzz
Old December 28th 04, 11:30 PM
yea right

Replying to this thread puts a post in news.admin.net-abuse.email in an
effort to flood the newsgroup. This guy is simply playing us as fools to
to serve his means

Instead, send a complaint to

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:20:38 +0000, Pipex Text wrote:

reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive! You don?t need
silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

Old December 29th 04, 01:47 AM
Pipex Text

Thanks to all the folks that suggested ideas or help. It appears that
Little Andaman was less affected than many other areas and Richard, in
true ET fashion, was able to phone home today, to a much relieved
mother.

Having experienced one mother's grief so close to home really focusses
things and my heart goes out to all the other souls missing or perished
in this tragedy

Brian G0UKB