Old February 4th 05, 02:04 AM
Patrick

Default need help with IC 207H

I just purchased an Icom 207H dual band mobile
and while it seems to have good sensitivity I have
noticed several minor problems with it and if anyone
can help I would be really appreciative.

1) The squelch needs to be turned all the way past 12 O'Clock
in order to squelch out normal noise that would probably be
knocked down at 9 or 10 O'clock with any other rig, at that
point it begins to reduce RF input, so I need to either find a
way to strengthen the squelch or eliminate the RF reduction
feature that is engaged when the squelch is placed beyond
the 12 O'Clock position.

2) The audio when transmitting is a bit low unless hold the mic
up to mouth at about an 1". That is unusual for an Icom, usually
one must back off the mic due to the hot audio, I need to find out
how to increase the deviation slightly.

If anyone can help I will make it worth your while!!!!!!

Thanks,
Patrick
W4PHM

--
Patrick H. Mason M.S. OHST, EMT-I

Need help with IC 207H Patrick Equipment 1 February 4th 05 06:58 AM
F/S ICOM 207H DUAL BAND MOBILE EXTENDED COVERAGE James Polack Swap 0 September 28th 04 03:46 PM
WTB ICOM RMK-3 KIT FOR 207H j Swap 0 September 16th 04 10:17 PM
WTB: ICOM 207H Dual Band TNeill1648 Swap 0 August 14th 04 05:19 AM