Old February 9th 05, 11:00 AM

Default OT (maybe?): Satellite TV receiver box Modifications

Hiya,

I was just woundering whether its possible to modify a satellite TV set
top box to receiver other frequencies?

I know that they work in the L-band, and I know theres some interesting
stuff in the L band to listen to.

Has anyone ever modified one of these boxs to connect to your computer
and reciever things like telemetry data, etc... Whats actually
involved? I know the basics about ossilators and stuff, but im a newbie
to radio comms

Does anyone know any links to websites that detail this sort of thing?
Im just curious more than anything, although probably wont implement
anything

Yours gratefully

Dave