Old February 16th 05, 06:07 PM
Dr.Ace - WH2T

Default Satellite TV

I know this question is not about amateur radio, but here goes anyway.
Which is better Direct TV or Dish Network ?
A few years ago some guys on 75 meters were talking about it and they
thought Direct TV had better programming but I recently talked to someone
who said they tried both and thought that Dish Network has better
programming.
I plan to subscribe to one or the other in the very near future , any
thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ace - WH2T

Old February 16th 05, 10:53 PM
Dan

"helmsman" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:07:13 -0500, "Dr.Ace - WH2T" wrote:

I know this question is not about amateur radio, but here goes anyway.
Which is better Direct TV or Dish Network ?
A few years ago some guys on 75 meters were talking about it and they
thought Direct TV had better programming but I recently talked to someone
who said they tried both and thought that Dish Network has better
programming.
I plan to subscribe to one or the other in the very near future , any
thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ace - WH2T

I haven't had any problems with Directv! I will never switch!

\

I agree....I have had Directv for over 5 years now. NEVER A PROBLEM, NEVER
A GLITCH. Want to make a programming change? Call them up. It is done
before you hang up.

Customer service is excellent. Picture quality is superb. More programming
than you can believe and they will be doing full HDTV soon. I love it.

Dan/W4NTI

Old February 20th 05, 10:52 PM
D. Stussy

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Dr.Ace - WH2T wrote:
I know this question is not about amateur radio, but here goes anyway.

....Then why are you posting it here? There are satellite TV newsgroups....
rec.video.satellite.* (and alt.video.satellite.*)

Which is better Direct TV or Dish Network ? ...

Old February 21st 05, 12:07 AM
Dr.Ace - WH2T

...Then why are you posting it here? There are satellite TV
newsgroups....
rec.video.satellite.* (and alt.video.satellite.*)

Because I value the opinion of my fellow amateur radio operators more than
someone's opinion who just likes to watch TV.
I know there are newsgroups about almost any subject.
I hope my posting it here didn't ruin your day.
Ace - WH2T

g...

Old February 21st 05, 11:18 AM
D. Stussy

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Dr.Ace - WH2T wrote:
...Then why are you posting it here? There are satellite TV
newsgroups....
rec.video.satellite.* (and alt.video.satellite.*)

Because I value the opinion of my fellow amateur radio operators more than
someone's opinion who just likes to watch TV.
I know there are newsgroups about almost any subject.
I hope my posting it here didn't ruin your day.
Ace - WH2T

No, it didn't ruin my day. However, you're more likely to find someone who has
experienced both of the services you seek info on over there than in this
group.

"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Dr.Ace - WH2T wrote:
I know this question is not about amateur radio, but here goes anyway.

...Then why are you posting it here? There are satellite TV
newsgroups....
rec.video.satellite.* (and alt.video.satellite.*)

Which is better Direct TV or Dish Network ? ...

FCC refuses to censor satellite radio Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 December 18th 04 06:00 PM
Satellite radio's new gadgets? Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 December 17th 04 01:44 AM
Satellite Radio Questions SR Shortwave 2 October 22nd 04 03:40 PM
US satellite radio - defection to satellite radio may elevate medium Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 12th 04 03:29 AM
US satellite radio pins hopes on women, cars Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 12th 04 03:29 AM