Old February 27th 05, 12:06 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Default Ameritron and Yaesu question

"AmpQuestion" nospam@nospam wrote in message
Any input on getting an Ameritron 811 to work with a Yaesu Ft-767?

I have all cables hooked properly, the amp is in excellent shape and
works.
All meters work, the fan runs, and all cables are double checked for
continuity.

The manual with the 767 says that when I run the relay cable from the amp
the TX Grnd jack on the Yaesu that I must locate and turn to "on" a switch
they call the S2002 switch on the RF section (inside the rig) to activate
the amp.

Where the heck is this switch? The Yaesu manual doesn't show the location.
In fact, the 767 manual stinks.

The Ameritron manual also states that it is not necessary to hook the ALC
cable to the rig unless I run more than 70 watts at the transmitter.

Any input will be appreciated.

For what its worth department. On my FT-1000MP the switch is located via
the rear panel with a access hole for a small screw driver, or tool to push
it one way or another.

Try looking at the print (schematic) and check the external keying relay.
Most likely one position has no relay, as in QSK keying, and the switch will
select a relay.

I don't have the rig you said so this is the best I can do.

Dan/W4NTI

Old February 27th 05, 12:07 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Or you could put in a foot switch to the RCA plug on the Ameritron and key
it that way.

Dan/W4NTI

Old October 3rd 05, 03:11 AM
Junior Member

Location: OHIO, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan/W4NTI
[...]

The switch is located next to the "PO ADJ" pot. You must remove the bottom cover, and you will find a small white switch with the label "S02", and clear "ON", "OFF" markings. The directions to remove the bottom cover are on page 12 of the FT-767GX manual, step 4 only: "Place the transceiver upside down, and remove the four screws from the bottom corners and two on each side (including the carrying handle screws, see Figure 3). The remove the handle and the bottom cover." Locate the switch near the "PO ADJ" pot in the back, and move it into the ON position. The "TX GND" should work now.