Old March 9th 05, 03:04 AM
Rabbi Phil

Default A Chance to be Published

"Steven R. Adell - KF2TI" wrote in message
k.net...
Authors wanted! (Mar 7, 2005) -- Have you ever thought about writing for
QST? If so, we'd like to hear from you! An informative Author's Guide is
available on the ARRL Web site. We can mail you a hard copy in exchange
for a self-addressed, stamped envelope to QST Author's Guide, ARRL, 225
Main St, Newington, CT 06111. While we will consider all articles
directly related to Amateur Radio, we are particularly looking for
concise articles (no more than 2500 words) written at a basic level that
teach QST readers something practical. A few examples: How to get
involved with a net; how to hit the road for a county-hunting
expedition; tips for operating HF mobile; how to use beacons; how to
select the best type of feed line, and how to organize a mini
DXpedition. If you have some expertise in a particular area and a knack
for writing clearly at a basic level, we want to hear from you. You need
not be a published author to write for QST! Good quality color photos
and illustrations are a plus. Interested? Send your article via e-mail
or to QST Articles, ARRL, 225 Main St, Newington, CT 06111. Authors of
QST articles are compensated at the rate of $65 per published page.

Get a reality check! Thanks to the League and the FCC today's majority
of "ham radio operators" are feeble-minded oafs, 20 questions removed
from CB. It is a chore for them to link a few coherent words together to
spew on the local repeaters, let alone asking them to commit advanced
thoughts to paper. And for $65! Yeah right! The league is taking in
a bundle every month in advertising revenue from companies selling push
button boxes to former CB ops, now ham radio appliance operators. The
League could easily afford to pay $450 per published page, and it would
never even put a nick in their budget. At least at $450 the League would
be paying an almost fair publishing price. If you think the League, the
FCC,
or Riley Hollingsworth have the best interests of ham radio in their hearts,
then I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
ROTFLMAO!