Old March 12th 05, 10:10 PM
electronics_tech

Default Ham Software.

Greetings everyone,

I found an interesting website in Australia that might be of interest to
fellow amateurs and SWLers. It has freeware for ham radio. As always,
if you choose to download, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I haven't tried these
yet, so cannot guarantee them. There are a few interesting programs
here and a few oldies I have used before like Super Morse. There is
also a link from this site to a German website with a freeware program
called Prefix which generates a bearing and distance from your QTH on a
world map to the call sign you enter.(requires MS EXCEL) I'm going to
give this one a try.

Have fun with Amateur radio.

73 de VE3JGE
JAMES

Links: http://vkham.jbo.com.au/Software/downloads.html
http://bestdx.de/DJ7BA/prefix-engl.htm
Old March 18th 05, 06:58 PM
Bonkers

Thanks for the links.
I own an Icom W32A and I am looking for the latest version of programming
software for it.
Do you have any ideas where I might be able to find it?
Thanks

Old March 20th 05, 06:17 PM
Buck

There is
also a link from this site to a German website with a freeware program
called Prefix which generates a bearing and distance from your QTH on a
world map to the call sign you enter.(requires MS EXCEL) I'm going to
give this one a try.

73 de VE3JGE
JAMES

http://bestdx.de/DJ7BA/prefix-engl.htm

I just downloaded and tested the program at the above link. It is a
Great Circle Map in Excel. I changed the coordinates for my QTH and
the angles changed appropriately, however, what I need now is that map
in the background on which the beam headings are plotted.

If anyone knows how to add this, I would appreciate knowing.

Thank you,
Buck
N4PGW

--
73 for now
Buck
Old March 20th 05, 06:30 PM
Buck

I just downloaded and tested the program at the above link. It is a
Great Circle Map in Excel. I changed the coordinates for my QTH and
the angles changed appropriately, however, what I need now is that map
in the background on which the beam headings are plotted.

If anyone knows how to add this, I would appreciate knowing.

Thank you,
Buck
N4PGW

I found the readme. I was looking for an external file. I haven't
figured out how to get GCMwin to center on my QTH yet, but I am sure I
will figure it out soon.

Thanks very much for the links. I have been looking for something
like this.

--
73 for now
Buck
Old March 21st 05, 04:07 PM
Buck

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:30:04 -0500, Buck wrote:

Thanks very much for the links. I have been looking for something
like this.

I finally got everything working. I had to enter the ITU zone and
everything worked. I had a bit of problems getting longitude and
latitude to work properly, maybe I am having a problem getting an
accurate number for here.

Thanks to all.
Buck
N4PGW