Old March 21st 05, 11:17 AM
Kate

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
DieSea wrote:

Not my LOCAL Node

Local OP says there's enough contest on HF where SOME SKILL is needed
and says
he's on holiday until the end of April.

To have contest on TWO DAYS a week is TOO much , for SEVEN Days its
insufferable.

I don't understand why cell phones aren't included.

- Mike -

Or Baby Monitors ?

Dan/W4NTI

Sorry no, the babies objected strenuously to having their yelling webcast
across IRLP. A spokesbaby stated 'Goo goo GAH!!'

Kate vk4xyl :-))

Old March 21st 05, 11:39 AM
Chris Kirby

Simon VK3XEM wrote:

DieSea wrote:
The Next comment you make is that its radio to radio , that's not 100 % correct ,
I know of at least 3 VK's , 2 VE's and at least 5 G / M stations that don't have a
radio connected to their node . Its quite easy to confirm that comment about G / M
stations if you know where to look.

DieSea.

Are you sure you are not confusing IRLP with echolink? I personally
don't agree with using your computer to access the the network like
echolink does, but I am not going to stop any licensed person from doing
so if the regs. allow it.

"Diesea" is not confusing anything with anything. He is talking about
IRLP. ie. the system which is supposed to be radio radio only.

--
Chris
Old March 21st 05, 12:06 PM
nana

IRLP has as much to do with Amateur Radio as smoke signals or
semaphore.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

You have a very narrow view of what actually constitutes Amateur Radio.

Brad.

Old March 21st 05, 12:23 PM
Concerned Amateur

In article , Walt Davidson wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:31:04 +1100, Simon VK3XEM
wrote:

IRLP has as much to do with Amateur Radio as smoke signals or
semaphore.

The only difference is, communication by smoke signals or semaphore
would be a whole lot more challenging and satisfying than IRLP.

73 de G3NYY

Sounds like you have as much relevance to Amateur Radio as
a foreskin at a Jewish Christening.

And pray tell what do you know about IRLP ? Have you bothered
to understand the technology or are you the typical Armchair
dickhead Amateur that trolls these groups ?

Old March 21st 05, 12:27 PM
Concerned Amateur

In article , Walt Davidson wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:22:53 +1100, Simon VK3XEM
wrote:

Without new innovations in Amateur Radio we will not get new people into
the hobby. If we don't get new people into the hobby then Amateur Radio
will die a natural death and then we will have to find another hobby!

So, like others of your ilk, you are intent upon converting amateur
radio into multi-band CB to satisfy your own selfish aims ... using
the completely false pretext of "saving the hobby from dying".

Yes, I thought so.

73 de G3NYY

Your ilk would like to exclude any newcommer to the bands , you
really should take that offer for the Jerry Springer Show

Old March 21st 05, 12:28 PM
Concerned Amateur

In article , Walt Davidson wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:54:27 +1100, Simon VK3XEM
wrote:

I am not going to waste my time with you *IDIOT*, I have **** listed you!

!!**Success**!!

:-)))

73 de G3NYY

Take the hint fool....
Old March 21st 05, 01:15 PM
DieSea

It certainly doesn't make the "PLAYING FIELDS LEVEL"

Our local Node op has been away this weekend helping at the Blackpool Rally so

his
nodes been down since Friday , its just gone up.

In some respect we're lucky as he's an elderly bloke with mobility problems ,

he
doesn't get out much , so when he's up its on , he's still p***ed off with

this 24
/ 7 x 28 day contest .

The Next comment you make is that its radio to radio , that's not 100 %

correct ,
I know of at least 3 VK's , 2 VE's and at least 5 G / M stations that don't

have a
radio connected to their node . Its quite easy to confirm that comment about G

/ M
stations if you know where to look.

DieSea.

Are you sure you are not confusing IRLP with echolink? I personally
don't agree with using your computer to access the the network like
echolink does, but I am not going to stop any licensed person from doing
so if the regs. allow it.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/

Simon

If had meant EchoLink , I would have said EchoLink , you as I were talking
about IRLP and my response was in that vein.

I have been around before the inception of IRLP by Dave Cameron even before the
demise of IPhone and the I'll fated ILink.

If you know how to look you will find a number of IRLP nodes on air in the UK that
CAN NOT be attached to a radio.

DieSea.

Old March 21st 05, 01:30 PM
DieSea

"Chris Kirby" wrote in message
Simon VK3XEM wrote:

DieSea wrote:
The Next comment you make is that its radio to radio , that's not 100 %

correct ,
I know of at least 3 VK's , 2 VE's and at least 5 G / M stations that don't

have a
radio connected to their node . Its quite easy to confirm that comment about

G / M
stations if you know where to look.

DieSea.

Are you sure you are not confusing IRLP with echolink? I personally
don't agree with using your computer to access the the network like
echolink does, but I am not going to stop any licensed person from doing
so if the regs. allow it.

"Diesea" is not confusing anything with anything. He is talking about
IRLP. ie. the system which is supposed to be radio radio only.

--
Chris

Thanks Chris

As for EchoLink and its "USERS" ( Please Note the words Users and EchoLink ) I
Wonder how many "ON AIR PROVIDERS" are heartily fed up with a USER connecting with
out identifying and then disconnecting after 5 minutes and still have not
identified .

I KNOW several UK EchoLink on air providers where USERS are banned with certain
exceptions , one is a VK4 , a very pleasant "OLD GENT" of 85+ that Chris and I
have known for years.

Sorry to Hi-Jack your reply Chris .

DieSea

Old March 21st 05, 02:29 PM
Jock.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:33:23 GMT, "Ashley VK3HAG" wrote:

"Jock." wrote in message
.. .

I very much doubt it. I cannot imagine why I would want to write about
this sort of nonsense.

International IRLP Contest starts at 1101 AEDT (0001z) today, March 18,
2005. Over 100 nodes worldwide now participating with more joining
daily..details, contest rules & regs can be found at
http://kg4zxk.com/index.php or http://www.qsl.net/vk3irl/ as can a
pre-formatted log sheet and what contacts equal what points.

Join in this new and fascinating way of communicating. The contest

concludes at the closing of the IRLP Conference in Las Vegas, April 17, 2005.

------%-----

73 de Jock.
--
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
- Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)
Old March 21st 05, 02:37 PM
Jock.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:31:04 +1100, Simon VK3XEM wrote:

I don't understand why cell phones aren't included.

How many points would I accrue from working my nearest cellphone
node which is about 2 km distant?

WAKE UP! There are so many different things you can do on Amateur
Radio, there is room for everyone.

Absolutely, but this isn't one of them.

-----

The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

No doubt these organisations will be relieved to hear that.

73 de Jock.