Old May 3rd 05, 11:49 PM
Fudge

Default 6 Meter Propagation

I have never been on 6 meters. Now that I am about to put up a 2 M antenna
and the rig I have will operate on both 6 and 2 M, I might just want to try
a 6 M antenna. I have no idea what sort of distance I will be able to
operate. I would like to try a 6 M V beam as an antenna with 50 W input
power. Any idea what sort of results I will be able to expect? I live in
Eastern Ontario and the nearest concentrsation of radio amateurs is in
Ottawa, about 200 Km distance.

Farmer John

Old May 4th 05, 07:27 PM
zip

6 Meters is a funny band. When it is open, it does not much to work great
distances. When it is dead, local opertion is even hard.

It is a fun band when you catch it open.

Zippy

.. .

Old May 5th 05, 12:58 AM
Michael Black

"zip" ) writes:
6 Meters is a funny band. When it is open, it does not much to work great
distances. When it is dead, local opertion is even hard.

It is a fun band when you catch it open.

Zippy

I don't have the article, but word is that they are going to have a
transmission in mid-June from Armstrong's old tower to mark
the 70th anniversary of his first public demonstration of wide-band
FM. This will be in the original FM broadcast band, which is below
six meters. So one can hope that band will open up at that time,
so more than locals can hear it.

Oh, I did bookmark the page, it's at
http://www.rwonline.com/dailynews/one.php?id=699

Michael VE2BVW

.. .

Old May 7th 05, 03:24 PM
Ralph E Lindberg

In article , "zip"
wrote:

6 Meters is a funny band. When it is open, it does not much to work great
distances. When it is dead, local opertion is even hard.

It is a fun band when you catch it open.

With a small beam, and less the 100 watts, he should be able to work
almost any were in the continent.

When the band is open of course, you spend more time listening to
static then working.

Oh, ya, we are talking SSB. It takes a better opening to work FM, but
I've done it. In that case hang around 52.525

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Radio Propagation Information from Your "Remote S-Meter" WebSite RHF Shortwave 0 January 17th 05 02:15 PM
Propagation dxAce Shortwave 0 December 11th 04 01:14 PM
Enhanced propagation this morning on 16 and 13 meter bands Telamon Shortwave 2 October 30th 04 11:05 PM