Old May 22nd 05, 09:11 PM
Dave Reinhart

Default TVI on cable channel 6

I live in Shrewsbury, MA. Recently, channel 6 started having problems
with TVI. The signal is cw, but it's very fast and appears to be only
number strings. I seem to remember hearing something a long time ago
about stations sending only number strings, but I can't pin it down.
Anybody have any ideas?

I looked up the frequency for cable channel 6 and started at ham
frequencies that could multiply up to that but didn't find anything that
sounded like that signal.

Thanks.

Dave Reinhart

Old May 22nd 05, 10:20 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dave Reinhart" wrote in message
I live in Shrewsbury, MA. Recently, channel 6 started having problems with
TVI. The signal is cw, but it's very fast and appears to be only number
strings. I seem to remember hearing something a long time ago about
stations sending only number strings, but I can't pin it down. Anybody have
any ideas?

I looked up the frequency for cable channel 6 and started at ham
frequencies that could multiply up to that but didn't find anything that
sounded like that signal.

Thanks.

Dave Reinhart

So why would you assume that a station sending hi speed CW number groups
would originate from a HAM station?

If this is not a troll I would start by getting a good tape of the signal,
if possible, via a spectrum analizer possibly. That way you can use it to
compare to when you do hear it on the lower HF frequency. Positive
signature and all that.

If it is indeed sending number groups then it is possibly a spy station.
And yes they still do that sort of thing. Especially now that the Western
nations in their stupidity have all but buried Morse Code.

Let me know if you get anywhere. And if you are serious I can possibly turn
you on to some folks that could help you out.

Use my e-mail please.

Dan/W4NTI