Old May 30th 05, 11:51 AM
Gary

Default Reeeeal Basic Logging Progran ?

I've been following the thread on the general purpose logging program
but even those seem too advanced for my simple needs. All I need is
something where I can type in a call and see if I've worked the
station before and also something that allows for comments, like FISTS
numbers etc. Free would be an extra bonus

Thanks in Advance.

73 Gary K8IQ
Old May 30th 05, 03:01 PM
Dee Flint

"Gary" wrote in message
I've been following the thread on the general purpose logging program
but even those seem too advanced for my simple needs. All I need is
something where I can type in a call and see if I've worked the
station before and also something that allows for comments, like FISTS
numbers etc. Free would be an extra bonus

Thanks in Advance.

73 Gary K8IQ

They come in two flavors: 1) so basic they won't do what you want or 2)
ones that have more than you need.

I'd recommend looking at the ease of use rather than worrying about whether
it is too advanced.

Download the demos and try them out. In my opinion, N3FJP's ACLOG has the
most user friendly interface. You can try the demo for free and the full
version is very inexpensive.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old May 30th 05, 03:50 PM
Gary

Gary wrote:

I've been following the thread on the general purpose logging program
but even those seem too advanced for my simple needs. All I need is
something where I can type in a call and see if I've worked the
station before and also something that allows for comments, like FISTS
numbers etc. Free would be an extra bonus

Thanks in Advance.

73 Gary K8IQ

Ever consdier something like an Excel spreadsheet? That's waht I've used
for about 15 years.
Old May 30th 05, 10:29 PM
Gary

On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:01:32 -0400, "Dee Flint"
wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
.. .
I've been following the thread on the general purpose logging program
but even those seem too advanced for my simple needs. All I need is
something where I can type in a call and see if I've worked the
station before and also something that allows for comments, like FISTS
numbers etc. Free would be an extra bonus

Thanks in Advance.

73 Gary K8IQ

They come in two flavors: 1) so basic they won't do what you want or 2)
ones that have more than you need.

I'd recommend looking at the ease of use rather than worrying about whether
it is too advanced.

Download the demos and try them out. In my opinion, N3FJP's ACLOG has the
most user friendly interface. You can try the demo for free and the full
version is very inexpensive.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Thanks for the info !

73 Gary K8IQ

Old May 30th 05, 10:30 PM
Gary

On Mon, 30 May 2005 09:50:08 -0500, Gary wrote:

Gary wrote:

I've been following the thread on the general purpose logging program
but even those seem too advanced for my simple needs. All I need is
something where I can type in a call and see if I've worked the
station before and also something that allows for comments, like FISTS
numbers etc. Free would be an extra bonus

Thanks in Advance.

73 Gary K8IQ

Ever consdier something like an Excel spreadsheet? That's waht I've used
for about 15 years.

I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the idea.

73 Gary K8IQ

Advice on SW for logging QSO and printing QSL cards. Mauro Equipment 0 October 8th 04 07:01 AM
List Logging dxAce Shortwave 9 September 24th 04 09:05 PM
QSO logging program that does ADIF Kirk Mohror Dx 0 March 13th 04 06:00 AM
SheerPower 4GL -- Beyond BASIC V3.4 Christina Equipment 0 July 18th 03 11:51 PM
SheerPower 4GL -- Beyond BASIC V3.4 Christina Equipment 0 July 18th 03 11:51 PM