Old August 1st 05, 09:16 PM
M0DTS

Default Relaying NASA TV on Amateur TV Repeater

Hi..
Anyone know whether relaying NASA TV through an ATV repeater is allowed
under the UK licence ?
There's no copyright on it so i would presume so..?

Thanks
Rob
M0DTS

http://www.m0dts.co.uk

Old August 2nd 05, 10:03 AM
Peter Berrett

Hi

We are doing it here in Melbourne Australia as I speak.Tthe consensus
amongst amateur TV operators here is that it is educational tv so it is ok
to transmit.

I have sent a letter to the authorities here seeking clarification about the
issues. Heopfully they will agree that it constitutes educational tv and so
is ok to transmit. In the US specific permission has been given for ATV
stations to transmit NASA TV. It certainly is interesting from a scientific
and technological point of view.

cheers Peter VK3PB

ups.com...

Old August 2nd 05, 11:49 AM
Brad

VK2TVG (I think) the Gladesville TV Club any way, have been doing it for
years, mostly from videotapes but also live.
ACA approves of it's use.

Brad.

u...

Old August 2nd 05, 07:01 PM
M0DTS

Brad wrote:
VK2TVG (I think) the Gladesville TV Club any way, have been doing it for
years, mostly from videotapes but also live.
ACA approves of it's use.

Brad.

"Peter Berrett" wrote in message
u...
Hi

We are doing it here in Melbourne Australia as I speak.Tthe consensus
amongst amateur TV operators here is that it is educational tv so it is ok
to transmit.

I have sent a letter to the authorities here seeking clarification about
the issues. Heopfully they will agree that it constitutes educational tv
and so is ok to transmit. In the US specific permission has been given for
ATV stations to transmit NASA TV. It certainly is interesting from a
scientific and technological point of view.

cheers Peter VK3PB

Thanks for the info..
I will look into it a bit more but from your input it sounds like it
will be ok..

73
Rob

...Any UK ATV repeater groups doing this?? please let me know!

Old August 4th 05, 04:00 AM

Thanks Brad

By the way have TV Gladesville been showing any of the Space Shuttel
coverage live? Last we night we had vision of Steve Robinson fixing the
Space Shuttle - it was quite amazing to watch. Previously we have shown
the launch of the Space Shuttle and also interviews with the crew as
well as some other space walks.

Mind you enjoy it while you can because I suspect that there is
probably not going to be a space shuttle mission for a while after this
one, possibly not ever if they decide to scrap the program. I'm still
amazed at how NASA can send a craft like this up which, from a tile
point of view, appears to be quite fragile.

cheers Peter VK3PB

Old August 4th 05, 08:23 AM
Brad

Can't answer that Question Pete, I'm over 100km away and cannot receive a
thing from them. They used to gether quite a large audience when they were
on 576MHz. Lots of people tuned into them when their new TV's autoscanned
and found their test card.

I was watching the webcast and connecting to them via packet everytime the
flew over. Yep, it was pretty good video!

I would love to have been able to receive the EVA signals direct but they
are on 410.2MHz, wideband FM, 1.4MHz wide. Nothing I have would copy that.

Brad.
ups.com...

Old August 4th 05, 09:46 AM
Peter Berrett

Thanks Brad

One other quick question.

You mentioned that ACA approves of the retransmission of NASA TV. Have you
seen that in writing anywhere?
By the way do check out my web page below. As you can see I have moved on up
from SSTV to Fast Scan TV.

cheers Peter VK3PB
http://members.optusnet.com.au/vk3pb/