Old September 15th 05, 06:08 PM
Pdigmking

Default GMRS 1 Watt range?

I'm looking at two motorola GMRS radios, one claims to have to an 8 mile
range, the other a five mile range, but thier both 1 watt trancievers. Why
would on one have more range than the other. Is this just marketting?

Paul.
Old September 15th 05, 06:40 PM
Caveat Lector

Neither one as it depends on several factors
Power
Receiver sensitivity -- Noise Figure
Altitude of the 2 units
Antennas gain
Obstructions hills mountains
Frequency

But here is how to determine line of sight
VISUAL DISTANCE. A rough rule of thumb is to take the square root of the
height in feet and that will give the miles from the antenna to the ground.
Repeat for the other antenna and add the number of miles. This can be
multiplied by about 1.2 to 1.3 for radio waves. For example if the
transmitter antenna is 625 feet high and the receiving antenna is 16 feet
high, square root of 625 = 25 miles, square root 16 = 4 miles. Add 25+4 =
29 miles for the visual distance. Then multiply this by 1.3 to get 37.7
miles of radio range. This gives the visual distance. And of course,
transmitter power and antenna gain, receiver noise figure and antenna gain
enter into it

So at ground level -- two 6 footers gives about 6 to 8 miles at best

Best you get a hold of a pair and try them out.

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old September 15th 05, 06:52 PM
John

Pdigmking wrote in
:

I'm looking at two motorola GMRS radios, one claims to have to an 8
mile range, the other a five mile range, but thier both 1 watt
trancievers. Why would on one have more range than the other. Is
this just marketting?

Paul.

Expect about 3/4 of a mile range. You may get more, but nowhere near the
advertised range.

--
GMRS Consumer information website:
http://www.geocities.com/johnlwilker....net/gmrs.html
Old September 17th 05, 06:10 PM

Have you tried sticking them both up your faggot ass, retard?

-AB8MQ

Old September 17th 05, 09:13 PM
Dumbass Lloyd

LLoyd Davies, N0vfp wrote:
Have you tried sticking them both up your faggot ass, retard?

That's our 32 year old virgin because he's queer Lloyd Austin Davies,
always thinking of anal sex.
Of course, Lloydie can't get any women anyways even if he wasn't queer.

http://host.picturewizard.com/2005-/...ay_are_gay.jpg

Old September 18th 05, 04:26 AM
Wayne P. Muckleroy

Actually, the large intestine has a special cell lining that simulates a
metallic. I believe the attenuation value is about 80 dB in the UHF range.

If you try placing your GMRS transceiver within the confines of your large
intestine, you will come to the conclusion that the performance is ****!

The other problem with this technique is that is rather difficult to talk
into the radio when it is up your ass. You could use a microphone and, of
course this would not be necessary if your head is already up your ass.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Have you tried sticking them both up your faggot ass, retard?

-AB8MQ

Auction ends in 1 hour! 2 Watt FM Stereo Broadcast 88-108 MHz LCDDigital PLL Transmitter righteous-jude Scanner 0 November 15th 04 02:19 AM
GMRS & MURS Mediaguy500 Shortwave 12 May 10th 04 04:01 PM
FS: Motorola 100 watt VHF & UHF Repeaters Doc Swap 1 October 28th 03 06:54 AM
Have I got this right? GMRS... M. G. Devour CB 8 August 30th 03 07:09 PM
GMRS Again Frank Scanner 6 July 29th 03 01:51 PM