Old September 21st 05, 05:24 AM

Default antenna switch, good ground?

Last year I moved my antenna mast system to the 'south' side of my
house. Right off lighting 'busted' a two meter/440 ground plane. The
'juice' came in the shack, by way of two antennas, a TV antenna/coax,
and the coax for the 2/440. I had the coax un connected to the
radios. The TV antenna's coax was connected, to a monitor/TV and
VCR,,, ''they bit the dust''.
I had almost this same system on the north side of the house for
many years, with no apprent damage/problems. I have re purchased new
antennas and installed them in the air, several months ago. We have
had some 'near misses' since then, I no longer have the TV antenna on
the main mast (75'), it is located nearby now at about 20'.
I don't know why, after 'the move south 100' I have more problems
with lighting. I want to add more assurances (gournds?) to the
system, including a antenna switch, that has in it a swithch to
"ground".
But I don't feel really comfortable, putting some of my eggs in
this 'ground switch basket'. I purchased some connectors that
''slip on, slip off'', and I am thinking of adding a panel with these
slip connectors monted close at hand, and when there is "weather" I
just pull the slip connectors lose, and then use the ''ground switch",
switching, to ground. One of my questions,,,,, would you feel better
using the slip on and slip off connectors or the antenna switch, or
both ???
Soooo now my question, how many '''holes''' are there in my
ideas/plans???? thanks in advance. cl 73