Old October 15th 05, 11:27 PM
RedVox

Default PK-232 No Kiss or Host mode.

Hello to you all,

After browsing the net i am still stuck with my problem, maybe
some one here can help me out.

I have a 2x pk-232 (rom version 30 dec 1988).

One of the units is working perfect, so that is ok.
The second unit works fine in terminal mode (hyper terminal)
But, when i swich it over to host or kiss mode al communication
stops. I do not get anything back from the unit.

I have tried resseting the unit, but this make no difference.
There are no strange led signals or anything other that looks
strange.. just no communication after the kiss of host command.

Any one has an idea ?

Regards Michiel

Old October 16th 05, 02:35 PM
Bob Bob

Hi Michiel

Since nobody has answered you yet...

You have already tried the obvious, resetting the unit to factory
defaults (ie not just a restart)

I havent ever had a PK232 but I remember my old Shep TNC220 had a few
issues with KISS comms. There is a manual escape sequence (that eludes
me at the moment) to put the unit into KISS mode that you should try
also (via terminal).

You have probably already seen something like this;

http://www.rainbowcountry.bc.ca/vapo.../Tnc_Modes.htm

I cant see any hardware issues off the top of my head that would cause a
failure in KISS mode. I guess you have tried swapping the EPROM chips?
Very rare but one bit could have been flipped....!

Sorry for not being much help

Bob VK2YQA (in W5)