Old February 21st 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Michael

Default Receive VMS from Inmarsat and decode the signals.

My name is Michael. I'm educated as electronic mechanic. I started a project
with the goal to receive and decode the VMS signals from Inmarsat. VMS
system is manly used on fishing vessels. On the ship there is a box with a
gps and satellite transceiver. The
position information is send each hour, to a land earth station, were it is
distributed to the different authorities. I hope that many of you will help
and contribute to get this working, because I don't have all the skills my
self.

First I started to ask people in different news group about the subject. But
I now realized that it will be a bigger task. So I have made a Yahoo group
to get this thing going. I have in this group posted the information I have
gathered until now. If you think you maybe can contribute to the project
then, or is interested in this as well, then please join at

Cheers Michael