Old March 6th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
CLFE

Default CW repeater ID speeds are way way to fast.

The ARRL has NOTHING to do with it. The FCC has suggestions on the speed -
though I can't recall them off hand. Used to be 20WPM. I don't think there
is anything stopping a CW ID now - from sending slower - since the code is
only 5WPM max. It would take longer to go out - and drop the repeater -
which to some "could" get nerve wracking.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
How can new hams and upgrades ever be expected to know what repeaters
they're kerchunking? ARRL should do something about this.

SC

Old March 6th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code

"CLFE" wrote in
:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
How can new hams and upgrades ever be expected to know what repeaters
they're kerchunking? ARRL should do something about this.

SC

Repeaters with voice ID's need to be programmed to talk slower for new
hams as well.

Old March 6th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Dr.Ace wrote:
"Slow Code" wrote in message

Repeaters with voice ID's in big cities need to be programmed to talk in
Ebonics so as not to discriminate against blacks / negroes / colored people
/ African Americans that have never been to Africa .
Ace - WH2T

ah I had thought we had lost you one our most outspoken rasists, and
general hate monger

Old March 7th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Slow Code wrote:
"Dr.Ace" Webmaster @ WH2T dot com wrote in
:

I'm not saying all new hams or upgraders are stupid, but looking at the
posters in these groups, you can certainly tell the bar has been lowered.

but most of the poster are long term longlicesne holder.