Old March 7th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
wy0ohg143

Default vanity call signs

I think they should only issue vanity call signs to General class licensees
and above.
There are too many new Techs using up all the good vanity call signs
available, only to go off the air after a few months and effectively
taking the call sign out of the available pool for the next 12 years.

I think it would also be an incentive to upgrade..... Just my
opinion.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ham-Radio-Unplugged/

Old March 7th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Hamguy

You snooze...you lose. That's like saying that only people with Class 'B'
and above Commercial Drivers Licenses should be able to get vanity plates
for their vehicle. Generals and above had the same, if not more, time to
snag the call they wanted.

Old March 10th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
news.viawest.net

I think that we need to stop whining and start DXing.

My 2 cents
"wy0ohg143" wrote in message
news

"Hamguy" wrote in message
You snooze...you lose. That's like saying that only people with Class 'B'
and above Commercial Drivers Licenses should be able to get vanity plates
for their vehicle. Generals and above had the same, if not more, time to
snag the call they wanted.

No, it's not like saying that at all, otherwise we would then all be able
to have 2x2, or 1x2, or 2x1 call signs like the Extra and Advanced class
hams.

Plus, the vanity plates on cars are not tied up for 12 years if the person
doesn't use their car, and the available call signs are in much more
limited amounts than license plates.

So maybe they should let the techs only have 2x3's vanity calls then.