Old April 29th 06, 01:16 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Dom1127

Default FS: Motorola MCS2000 UHF 40 Watt Remote Head

Hi
I have a MCS2000 in great condition.

450-520Mhz UHF Band and is the higher power 40 Watt model.

Model II which has 1 line 14 character alphanumeric LCD screen and the
rotary knob.

Remote head model with all cables, brackets and speaker to suit.

Has UHF CB programmed and aswell as extra receive channels for
Adelaide.

AU $720 inclduing registered post in Australia.

Please email me with questions (or offers). I do not check the
newsgroups often.

motorolaaustralia (at) exemail.com.au

Old April 30th 06, 12:19 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Dom1127 wrote:
Hi
I have a MCS2000 in great condition.

450-520Mhz UHF Band and is the higher power 40 Watt model.

Model II which has 1 line 14 character alphanumeric LCD screen and the
rotary knob.

Remote head model with all cables, brackets and speaker to suit.

Has UHF CB programmed and aswell as extra receive channels for
Adelaide.

AU $720 inclduing registered post in Australia.

Please email me with questions (or offers). I do not check the
newsgroups often.

motorolaaustralia (at) exemail.com.au

a toy compared to this one
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=9719171382&sspagename=A ME:L:RTQ:AU:1
but then both are illegal aren't they ? and you wonder why the ACMA
knocks on ya door

Old April 30th 06, 12:45 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc

link don't work so heres the ebay item number 9719171382

Old April 30th 06, 07:22 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
news

Thats ok. We don't need it anyway. Motorola is nice but now the chinese are
making copies and selling them for 1/10 the price. Good luck ol man. Just
wanted to let the wind out of your sails.

wrote in message
oups.com...

link don't work so heres the ebay item number 9719171382

Old May 1st 06, 12:09 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc

news wrote:
Thats ok. We don't need it anyway. Motorola is nice but now the chinese are
making copies and selling them for 1/10 the price. Good luck ol man. Just
wanted to let the wind out of your sails.

no worries news not my radio mate just showing what some ******s are
trying to sell on ebay as cb's who needs 110 w bit of an over kill i
reckon it would cause all sorts of trouble in the city what are those
little hand held 5 w chinese jobs like on ebay they seem cheap enough
might be good on 70 cm or 2 m

Old May 1st 06, 03:15 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
news

Seen a couple of the hand helds so far. The kenwood copies are very good.
The motorola radios are also very good. I noticed Andy posted in vkham that
he didn't like one of them. It had a dtmf tone that was too quite to use in
triggering echolink or irlp nodes via radio. But in general there has been
good reports from a highly qualified tech in a government sector that has
been testing them for some time now.

"Kev" wrote in message

news wrote:

Thats ok. We don't need it anyway. Motorola is nice but now the chinese

are
making copies and selling them for 1/10 the price. Good luck ol man.

Just
wanted to let the wind out of your sails.

no worries news not my radio mate just showing what some ******s are
trying to sell on ebay as cb's who needs 110 w bit of an over kill i
reckon it would cause all sorts of trouble in the city what are those
little hand held 5 w chinese jobs like on ebay they seem cheap enough
might be good on 70 cm or 2 m

Probably as good as any new Kenwood or Motorola that they are cloned from

and for a small fraction of the name brand price

Kev

Old May 2nd 06, 04:57 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Yobbo

I wonder if they are type approved for use in VK?

MCS2000 is a nice radio

u...

Old May 2nd 06, 06:47 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
news

Thats the problem. They may be clones of well known radios but not type
approved as yet. Lot of hoops to jump through to import in bulk.

"Yobbo" wrote in message
I wonder if they are type approved for use in VK?

MCS2000 is a nice radio

u...

Old May 2nd 06, 10:14 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Rev. Bear

"news" wrote in message
u...
Thats the problem. They may be clones of well known radios but not type
approved as yet. Lot of hoops to jump through to import in bulk.

If you are talking about use on CB, then it seems a little strange to worry
about type approved sets running at more than 5W! I mean, if they run at
more than 5W it makes little difference if they are type approved or not!!!

OTOH, if they are being used on amateur bands, then they don't need to be
type approved....

"Yobbo" wrote in message
I wonder if they are type approved for use in VK?

MCS2000 is a nice radio

u...

From The Memory Hole MnMikew Shortwave 4 December 14th 04 07:16 AM
a page of motorola 2way 2 way portable and mobile radio history john private smith Policy 0 December 22nd 03 02:42 AM
FS- 2way Service/Maint/Operator Manuals !!!! David M Schertzer Boatanchors 0 October 24th 03 03:12 PM
FS- 2way Service/Maint/Operator Manuals !!!! David M Schertzer Boatanchors 0 October 12th 03 08:53 PM
FS- 2way Service/Maint/Operator Manuals !!!! David M Schertzer Boatanchors 0 October 12th 03 08:53 PM