Old June 5th 06, 05:03 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.radio.scanner

Default Thank you Steve Franklin

I wanted to make a public posting and state my thanks to Steve Franklin
(WB5KGL apparently of Arlington, Texas), who uses name JSF in the
usenet. I have 2 MR8100's - older Uniden scanners, and they've had
some problems. Suspect that my previous repair shop was hoping to keep
one of them for parts he offered to try and repair them for me. One I
kept thinking it would be a fairly simple repair of a lead to the power
switch, thought I was nervous about doing it myself.

The other I sent to him, and he found the problem and repaired it for
me, just to help a guy out. I asked what I could do in thanks, and he
didn't want anything.

In fact, his willingness to help and keep at it are what inspired me to
repair the other unit myself - because simply, putting and solder set
in my hands is asking for trouble.

Anyway - everyone should know there are still great people in the
world, people who just like others, love their hobbies, and just do
good things. I could be wrong here as this was only one action, but I
feel that anyone willing to offer to help a stranger online, and then
put the work in and some change to mail the item back, that shows solid
character - old school - the way things should be.

THANK YOU STEVE FRANKLIN

Richard J. Valenta
N0TZC
Saint Louis, Missouri

Old June 6th 06, 12:34 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.radio.scanner
Telstar Electronics

Good to hear something like this for a change...

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old June 6th 06, 04:20 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.radio.scanner
an old freind

Telstar Electronics wrote:
Good to hear something like this for a change...

www.telstar-electronics.com

indeed it is nice

Rwell steve now you are speading you poison acros I don't know how many ng Noon-Air Equipment 0 March 17th 06 10:28 PM
now onto steve abuse kb9rqz@mark_morgan.com Policy 0 February 22nd 06 03:35 PM
Julie vs. Steve Shortwave 7 November 9th 04 06:57 PM
Serious radiation questin [email protected] Antenna 45 August 22nd 04 11:42 PM
Steve Howe Joins The Gagliarchives Saturday Night gagliarchives radio Philadelphia Broadcasting 0 October 10th 03 11:28 PM