Old July 30th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default ARRL takes on EBay this October

from the ARRL newsletter:

==FIRST ARRL ONLINE AUCTION PLANNED FOR OCTOBER

The ARRL may be giving eBay and the other auction sites a little competition
in the Amateur Radio arena this fall when the first ARRL Online Auction gets
under way. Auction proceeds will help to support the League's educational
services and programs. The event now is in the planning stages, says ARRL
Business Services Manager Deb Jahnke, K1DAJ.

"We will soon embark on an exciting new venture," Jahnke said in providing
the broad strokes of the online auction to ARRL Headquarters staff members.
Jahnke and her Business Services team will organize and manage the event,
which is planned for late October -- the exact dates haven't been set yet --
and she promises it will be lots of fun.

"This will not be just another boring auction, because we plan to include
many unique and special items related to Amateur Radio," she said. "We are
hoping to offer items that will interest our audience, ranging from
DXpedition vacation rentals to restored Collins 75A4s." Jahnke says this
inaugural online auction will be limited to 100 items.

The auction will be open to all -- ARRL members and otherwise. Bidders just
need online access to take part. "With an online auction, we can reach
potential bidders across the nation and around the world," Jahnke pointed
out.

Jahnke says she anticipates that the online auction will be open for about
two weeks, and participants will need to register in advance. At this stage,
she says, the auction planners are seeking additional ideas but no auction
booty as yet. Contact Jahnke via e-mail .