RadioBanter

-   -   Weller EC-2002-A (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/103192-re-weller-ec-2002-a.html)

g. beat September 2nd 06 09:03 PM

Weller EC-2002-A

It really depends upon the control board that you have in the unit.

The later EC2002 models were a completely different animal - and had a
microprocessor control (pic?) that could be programmed by an external
programmer (expensive) - for set-back , specific temperature, etc.

This was used extensively for EC2002 stations used in production / assembly
lines (strict control of iron temperature and tip profiles).

This is covered in the EC2002 manuals -- for these later models

Here is the manual on BAMA (you may wish to try mirror site for downloads)
http://bama.sbc.edu/weller.htm

Greg

==================================

From: **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** blank
Subject: Weller Tech Sheets
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:23:33 GMT

Do you have any tips on fixing a Weller EC-2002-A? It still regulates
and heats, but the temperature display is dead. When first turned on it
flashes "FFF" for a split second. I think maybe bad filter capacitor or
something. Any thoughts on fixing? This is a nice unit I had just bought
spare iron and tips for it. Tried another iron, and also measured proper
resistance on the thermistor.

Tree September 7th 06 12:38 AM

Weller EC-2002-A

On one I had there is a 10mf-25v cap that was leake and it didn't allow
the display to work. This cap is in a circuit to produce a neg. voltage
off one on the rectifier diodes.
Thanks Dick wb7vyn

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** September 9th 06 01:59 AM

Weller EC-2002-A

Thanks; I am going to check that capacitor out. I have suspected as much
as cap's are usually first things to wear out.

From: **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** blank
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:23:33 GMT

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT